advertisement

Harbeth Nelson: a DSP subwoofer that doubles as speaker stand for P3ESR and other mini-monitors

I heard them at the Bristol show and thought they sounded and looked really good. I did some research and seem to get the impression they're not designed to be too close to walls so no good for me unfortunately.

Ah thats a pitb ....not many have the luxury of pulling them into the room .i always remember a famous harbeth lover who pulled his shl5plus right into the room
His dear demented wife wondered around them and i got rather nervous watching it.

One reason i love my present speakers is they are superb near walls and blend into domestic space well without getting damaged

I'm now running Titan 606 and they're 5" off the wall. Kudos really seem to understand what domestic living rooms are like just like Naim did with the SBL. I wish more manufacturers would do the same, they'd sell more products.
Yes you raise a good point. I have a pair of SBLs in my dining room fired by a Naim 32.5/Hicap/250 system.
I now tend to sit at the dining room table to tap away at the laptop and am only about 2 meters from the SBLs and the clarity is fantastic. No way will I ever sell them.

Why on earth would you want to rest your spkrs on vibrating sub cabinets?
reasonably well built subwoofer cabinets don't vibrate. I use a pair of traditionally sized subwoofers as stands for my large Spendor bookshelfs, albeit separated by Isoacoustic pucks, just in case. Best stand solution of the many, many I've tried, plus the benefit of the increased frequency range of the subs.

Well, all stands sacrifice aesthetics for functionality but haveta say - that is the plug-ugliest stand I've EVER seen. Could NEVER forget that they're in the room ...šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

advertisement

Back