advertisement

Harbeth ML speakers.

Martyn Miles

pfm Member
Have any PFM members come across these speakers ?
They appear to have been made at approx. the same time as the HL models.
They are, from what I can see, LS3/5a size with poly. bass/mid. drivers ( Rogers ? ) and Audax tweeters.
I brought them up as there are a couple of pairs on eBay, at quite high prices.

No, but I linked to a pair (here) of them a few months in the 'interesting ebay auctions' section - I could see that they looked well made but were missing any identification and I only worked out what they were after the auction had finished. Clearly a good buy for the winner at £155 ;-)

I reckon so. But the pair I'd linked to were not identified by the seller as being definitely Harbeth plus they were offered as collection only, so I think if they'd been correctly described as Harbeth ML they'd have fetched a higher price but I don't know how high.
If I'd been able to collect them I would certainly have bid myself as I just had a feeling that they were something more interesting than yet another ls3/5a clone, but either way I didn't work out what they were until the auction had finished, annoyingly.

I asked a question on the Harbeth Users’ Group and Alan Shaw ( Harbeth Prop. ) replied.
He wasn’t very taken with them when Dudley Harwood gave him a demonstration.
AS was surprised, given DH’s work on the LS3/5a.
You can read the detail of what AS wrote on the User Group under ‘Previous Harbeth Models.’

advertisement

Back