advertisement

HackerNap PCB GB (maybe)

Hello Carl,

A bit late to this but i would like the following if still available;

4 Hackernap boards
12 Hackercap (any new ones left plus old ones to make up the twelve)

Many thanks. Do i need to send you a PM ?

Much building to do !

If you want to use the Hackercap pcb's for positive voltage only supplies using the Mr Tibbs split 0V method, can this be done by splitting the board down the middle? I have never seen a hackercap pcb in the flesh before.

Thanks, Stu

All, just got back from a business trip, sorry for going incommunicado. I'll get the postage/etc sorted out over the next few days.

Stu, I'm not sure about Mr Tibbs-ing the hackercap, but you can definitely get 2x positive rails out of it. Just reverse the polarity of the diodes and caps on the negative rail and you're good to go.

All, just got back from a business trip, sorry for going incommunicado. I'll get the postage/etc sorted out over the next few days.

Stu, I'm not sure about Mr Tibbs-ing the hackercap, but you can definitely get 2x positive rails out of it. Just reverse the polarity of the diodes and caps on the negative rail and you're good to go.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. Please take my interest in 4 Hackernap and 12 (yes twelve) Hackercap boards as definite.

Good to hear that you can get two positive rails from the hackercap.

Thanks, Stu

Hi..as per my knowledge the difference between the new and old style HackerCAPs is that the new ones have nice curves on the traces where the old ones are more angular, and the through holes for the diodes on the old style are just a little closer together than the new style. Both are functionally and electrically equivalent and perform just the same.To build a stereo amp you'll need 2x HackerNAPs and 4x HackerCAPs.

printed circuit board assembly services

Carl, any progress with this ? Did i miss something ?

I am nearing the point of needing the cap boards but will make my own or use point to point wiring if need be.

Thanks, Stu

Hi folks,

It's probably already abundantly clear but I really do not have time to make this happen, and for that I apologize. However I could certainly make time to load all the PCBs into a box and ship them to someone to take over distribution.

If someone would be ok doing this - and it would need to be a long-standing member with whom I'm at least tangentially familiar - we could get this thing rolling again. Here's how I imagine it working:

* I accept a volunteer and mail all the PCBs to him/her
* Volunteer organizes payments, shipping, etc
* We charge $5USD per PCB (shipping at cost to each buyer), all proceeds to TonyL / PFM.
* Our volunteer gets a few no-cost PCBs for their trouble.

How does that sound?
Carl

Hi folks,

It's probably already abundantly clear but I really do not have time to make this happen, and for that I apologize. However I could certainly make time to load all the PCBs into a box and ship them to someone to take over distribution.

If someone would be ok doing this - and it would need to be a long-standing member with whom I'm at least tangentially familiar - we could get this thing rolling again. Here's how I imagine it working:

* We charge $5USD per PCB (shipping at cost to each buyer), all proceeds to TonyL / PFM.

How does that sound?
Carl

Sound good. After long wait I already bought Voyager! Sound great.
Thank you very much.

Hi folks,

How does that sound?
Carl
Hi Carl can I help with this, I have loads of free time and I wanted some boards.
So if I offer to help gets my boards then I will help.
My Email is [email protected] or you can message me here on pfm.
George

Deary me, I seem to pop in every couple of months to work on this. I finally got to the post office and they wanted almost $70 to ship the boards to Tim, so I left in search of a better plan!

I think I can split it into two packages for less expense. More soon :)

Wow that's nearly two dollars a board!
Maybe those who are interested could stump up a bit of deposit?

I'd be willing to put up a deposit or pay for the boards I'm after upfront if that helps? I've got a lonely pair of HackerNAPs that need some active friends :)

I would like to withdraw my earlier interest in these boards. In the end i decided to do it point to point.

Stu

TOR - would that be 2 NAP boards and 4 CAP boards you would want?

Mega Lord - I haven't yet got to the stage of collating any previous requests to Carl so no problens.

If anyone else has an interest in the boards or has previously expressed an interest would you mind confirming so that I might be able to work out how we can cover the cost of getting them over the pond
Thanks
Tim

advertisement

Back