advertisement

HackerNAP components GB starting

Can anyone point to the correct way that tr4 and tr6 should be orientated? (ztx 653 and 753). [or which way the writing should face?]

Its doing my head in and I, cant find info/work out the data sheet vs circuit diagram/ see any build pics/ am a numpty.

Many Thanks

I just realised that mines may be the wrong way round after double checking.

I've tied together the PCB layout, datasheet pinout and schematic in one image and marked the emmiter base and collector. Can someone double check to see if I have this right.

Cheers.

Col.

So usually the flat side is the base, on these it seems not to be, hence based on the shape, the writing /dot are opposite sides to normal (just to be bloody confusing).

I just realised that mines may be the wrong way round after double checking.

I've tied together the PCB layout, datasheet pinout and schematic in one image and marked the emmiter base and collector. Can someone double check to see if I have this right.
[/url]

Cheers.

Col.

The middle pin of these is definitely the base going by the datasheets. If my image above is correct I think the full flat face on the ztx653 and ztx753 sit towards the flat side of the silk screen on the pcb. Hoping someone who has built before can confirm 100% though.

Col.

So usually the flat side is the base, on these it seems not to be, hence based on the shape, the writing /dot are opposite sides to normal (just to be bloody confusing).

on an NPN transister you could use a meter with a diode tester the colector should be +ve and the emitter -ve you would need to bias the base with 0.8v to get a reading
on a PNP it would be the other way round, if you dont get continuity then you have the transister the wrong way round
I also stated in another thread to use the HFE function on yout multimeter

Alan

I am sorry if this has been discussed but why R4 in the schematics is 2K7 (precision) but Hacker's link to Mouser is for 3K, 0.1% instead?
Link for the R13 is for 26K7, 0.1% but not 27K?
Isn't R4 supposed to be 1/10th R13 or 3K - 26.7K is better combo?
Also, are R30 & R34 1M or 2M Ohms?
Thanks,
Ivo

I am sorry if this has been discussed but why R4 in the schematics is 2K7 (precision) but Hacker's link to Mouser is for 3K, 0.1% instead?
Link for the R13 is for 26K7, 0.1% but not 27K?
Isn't R4 supposed to be 1/10th R13 or 3K - 26.7K is better combo?
Also, are R30 & R34 1M or 2M Ohms?
Thanks,
Ivo

Any info on the matter will be highly appreciated, please!
I think it concerns everybody building HackerNAP for the first time - can we use safely 3K and 26.7K for R4, R13 or they need to be 2.7K and 27K as on the schematics?
Thanks!

dito

Although I guess it should be safe. Isn´t the general rule that 10% up or down in component value almost never makes a difference?

Well, it seems a bit odd to me to order 0.1% precision resistor with 10% higher value.
Also, I might be wrong but I think there was relation between R4 and R13 i.e. R13=10xR4.
I found Welwyn RC55Y 0.1% 2K74 and 27K4 in Farnell but still can't justify the shipping for 4 resistors only.

Whilst looking for useful information to add to the reference room thread, I noticed the posts about the correct orientation of the ZTX753 transistor.

This diagram from the datasheet shows that the collector is on the left side when viewing with the curved/flat towards you:

47b2bb22-1e90-4958-bab4-023e66c79b50.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

from the hackernap schematic:

tr4.png
[/URL][/IMG]

we can see that the emitter of the 753 connects to the power rail and top end of R28; the collector to C4. From this it is possible to establish the correct orientation, which is that the large flat side of the 753 matches the flat side of the symbol on the PCB.

Hacker ! . Send him a pm . He may still have a few left . You will need 2 amp boards and 4 cap boards . Good luck .

advertisement

Back