advertisement

HackerNAP components GB starting

honmanm

pfm Member
Thanks to Uzinusa we have a really good price for the component kits.

Each kit contains sufficient components to populate one HackerNAP board - two kits are required for a stereo amplifier.

Purchasing of components has now begun - some items are back-ordered but not too badly.

There are sufficient components for 100 kits, of which 96 have been claimed. However payment for 12 of those is still unconfirmed and possibly some of those kits will become available again. The 4 unclaimed kits do not have wet tants, and 2 of them have no output transistors.

Warnings
  • the GB will close as 8 a.m. GMT on Monday 2 August (8 days' time). Unless your payment is received by the closing time, you will not be able to participate in the GB.
  • Some items are out of stock, some will come from overseas - and bagging etc. will happen in free time - so expect to receive your goodies early in September. I'll keep you posted if there any delays.
  • The 220pF and 470pF capacitors are polystyrenes from Mouser (as per Hacker's BOM) - the NCC200 BOM specifies Vishay BC polypropylenes from Cricklewood - the latter are *very* expensive but apparently make a big difference to the sound of the NCC200 but are *not* included.
  • The 0.1uF bypass capacitors are WIMA MKP2 from Mouser following the HackerNAP BOM (NCC200 BOM specifies MKS2)
  • the small silver mica cap is 39pF (HackerNAP) not 47pF (NCC200)
  • C25 - 1uF to 3.3uF polyester - suggested as WIMA MKS2 in the HackerNAP BOM, however the kit contains a much cheaper part - Farnell P/N 1679400
  • Other than the above, resistors and capacitors in common with the NCC200 circuit follow the NCC200 BOM

Price per kit (including P&P to UK or Europe)
  • Complete kit - £36
  • Semiconductors only - £12
  • Passives only - £26

Please pay using one of the following methods and let me know what you are paying for by posting in the thread

• Bank deposit - please PM me
  • Paypal - wania_mark _at_ yahoo.co.uk

Finally, the "delete options" - you can ask for the following to be omitted, saving per kit is
  • Output transistors - £5
  • 68uF wet tant feedback cap - £4
  • postage - £1.50 (if collecting)

Funds received so far (96 CK, 6 no tants, 4 extra tants)
  • MFP - 2 CK
  • simeon - 4 CK
  • cutting42 - 4 CK
  • brickj - 2 CK
  • RobsterD - 2 CK
  • sam_cat - 6 CK
  • Uzinusa - 2 CK
  • Briatic - 4 CK
  • simonbrown - 2 CK
  • Pete MB&D - 2 CK
  • Yank - 2 CK (via cutting42)
  • ZK - 2 CK no tants
  • Herat - 4 CK
  • noboman - 6 CK
  • peperoni - 4 CK
  • 337alant - 2 CK
  • olpplo - 4 CK no tants
  • benzp - 10 CK
  • paulski - 4 CK
  • bobpreston73 - 2 CK
  • eddie_pugh - 4 CK
  • Harthold - 2 CK
  • binnie - 4 CK
  • oled - 4 CK
  • honmanm - 2 CK
  • Cirkus - 4 CK + 4 wet tants (2 CK + 2 wet tants to be confirmed)
  • john.luckins - 2 CK
  • Jo Sharp - 4 CK (payment not yet confirmed)

Hi Mark, I have just sent the cost of two full kits to you via paypal. I am away on holiday for the next 10 days and I will be away from email. I hope the payment comes through OK.

Many, many thanks for organising this.

Mike.

Mark, great job, thank you. I've sent funds for 4 kits to your bank. Should be there in 3 working days (bank electrons are much slower, apparently).
Simeon

Mark, Fantastic work and many thanks for your effort here. This is a considerable amount of work on your behalf and each and everyone of us who takes part will owe you a decent btl of wine! If anyone uses PayPal they should use the "gift" option, otherwise Mark will end up paying extra fees.

Finally, I urge all to go for the wet tants as they make a sizeable difference to the NCC200 and should do so in the H-Nap.

Hi Mark,

Would you be prepared to post two kits to New Zealand. If so how much extra for P&P

Cheers
Frizzup

Mark, I can't help asking if it's safe to post your bank details in a public forum. I think you should delete them from your post and offer to PM them to known users who need them. Can't be too careful these days :).
Best wishes
Keith

£216 for 6 full kits sent just a moment ago.

Perhaps start a list on the first post of who you have received payment from..

Thanks again,
Sam

Hi Mark,

Payment sent to your bank account for £144 for 4 kits

Many thanks for all your hard work

Duncan Tilley

Is this UK only?

Supposed to be! However if Gareth (cutting42) is happy to ship the components with your Kendeils, I don't see why you couldn't participate.

Regarding the other query about shipping to NZ, I wasn't planning on that but if you take full responsibility for figuring out the postage (work on 240gr per kit - see here) and whatever happens to the parcel once it has gone into the post-box maybe it will be do-able.

However as this is already going to take a lot of time & there is a vast range of things that can go wrong with international shipping - it would only be feasible if there is no more admin work than for a UK/EU destination.

Supposed to be! However if Gareth (cutting42) is happy to ship the components with your Kendeils, I don't see why you couldn't participate.

Sure, why not as I will already be shipping Caps to Yank some kits should not make much difference in shipping cost.

Cheers

Gareth

Sure, why not as I will already be shipping Caps to Yank some kits should not make much difference in shipping cost.

Well, if it's not an imposition, a stereo pair, passives and semiconductors pour moi. Just let me know when and to whom to send the moneys.

advertisement

Back