advertisement

Gutter Twins

Theo

pfm Member
The new project from Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees, Queens Of The Stone Age) and Greg Dulli (Twilight Singers). The LP Saturnalia is brilliant, and comes with a code for the Sub Pop website that allows you to download it as 192kbps MP3 files. This, to me, is the best of both worlds - I get to play a good quality vinyl version and also stick it on my PC.

I really hope that more bands/record companies go down this road with new vinyl releases...

Its all well and good but all that happens is someone up loads it as a torrent and thats that one done with.

Money is in the concerts now.

This seems to be a growing trend, which I think is great. I had the same thing when I bought the last Iron and Wine album. I get to hear the album at its best off very good quality vinyl, no need for a needle drop and I can still listen to it on my MP3 player or in the car. This is how it should be.
Shellac have supplied an unlabelled CD of their albums for their last 2 releases with the vinyl copies, although I think this is more a showing of Steve Albini's attitude to CD. When they released 'At Action Park' on vinyl, there is a detailed listing inside the sleeve with the type of vinyl used and presses used to create it. The CD version simply states "There is nothing special about this CD".

Damn, I bought the Gutter Twins album on CD. It's still a great album though. One of the best purchases I've made this year so far.

Its all well and good but all that happens is someone up loads it as a torrent and thats that one done with.

Money is in the concerts now.

But wouldn't that happen anyway?

Good luck to em. At least they're rewarding people who buy the product instead of nobbling CDs with deranged protection systems.

Er, I think that this one DOES have a deranged protection system on it. When I copy it onto iTunes it comes out with clicks in all of the tracks.
The recent Soulsavers CD (also feat M Lanegan) was even worse & refused to play on my Car stereo.

That's strange. My CD copy was unprotected. I've ripped it into both iTunes and using EAC without any problems.

Purchased mine from HMV. Return it from whence it came and demand a clean copy.

advertisement

Back