advertisement

Guildford Audio show in Reading this w/e

Tw99

source last
Anyone else go to this ? I spent a while this morning listening to the four systems they had set up, which were all sounding pretty good to me. The big AR/Wilson setup was great, really enjoyed some unplugged Nirvana on that... Probably least impressed with the system with the new Wilson Sabrinas, despite the £75K (!) TechDas AirForce One TT that was being used.

They always have some crazy kit to listen to, so it's fun to visit. Plenty of Foo Wire and cable lifters too..

Is "cable lifter" a derogatory term for audiophile per chance?

I managed to get there this year, very enjoyable and relaxed, thanks to Gavin and Trevor. Usual high standard in the rooms, but they should be for the price. The only exception was the room with Sonus Faber and Wadia amps, a bit tight and congested. I am ashamed to say I didn't know Wadia made amps.

The new D'Agostino integrated amp was there, but not playing. At only about £46000 a pop, it is within the range of all our pockets!! Having said that I saw one on sale online somewhere for £23000 and it is barely available for sale yet. Who spends that kind of money and sells in a few weeks, it's a mystery?

Couldn't stay for long unfortunately but the Franco Serblin Ktêma Loudspeakers were the highlight for me. Wonderful. Thanks so much to Guildford Audio for hosting this.

I managed to get there this year, very enjoyable and relaxed, thanks to Gavin and Trevor. Usual high standard in the rooms, but they should be for the price. The only exception was the room with Sonus Faber and Wadia amps, a bit tight and congested. I am ashamed to say I didn't know Wadia made amps.

The new D'Agostino integrated amp was there, but not playing. At only about £46000 a pop, it is within the range of all our pockets!! Having said that I saw one on sale online somewhere for £23000 and it is barely available for sale yet. Who spends that kind of money and sells in a few weeks, it's a mystery?

D'Agostino is probably the only maker I can think of that makes Chord products look less ugly.

Perhaps D'Agostino's mum or dad!

advertisement

Back