advertisement

Grimm Audio LS1be arrives

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
Our new pair of Grimm Audio’s LS1be ( berylium ) arrives next week!
https://www.grimmaudio.com/
These are Grimm’s latest and greatest iteration of the LS1 with Berylium tweeters and digital motion control subwoofers.
We stocked the original LS1 and it was superb, I heard the ‘be’ version and I thought they sounded great.
With the addition of the LS1 we bring together the three most exciting loudspeakers currently available.
Kii Audio’s THREE, Dutch&Dutch’s 8C and the LS1be.
Keith

They haven’t arrived just yet, these are the original Grimm LS1 in black next to a pair of vastly more expensive Cessaro ‘Chopin’.

Keith

The Grimm LS1be is said by some to be the finest loudspeaker in current production, Grimm claim a 30% reduction in distortion from their new digital motion control feedback subwoofers.
Here is one of our black original LS1 pairs, next to The Cessaro ‘Chopin’.

Keith

Grimm LS1BE with digital motion controlled feedback arrive today!
Grimm claim a -30 dB drop in distortion, motion feedback was pioneered by Philips back in the 70’s.
5-CF63-A8-B-75-E6-49-E6-98-A2-EC3046-C67593.jpg

keith

Grimm LS1BE page added to the PA site,
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/grimm
The LS1BE with digital motion controlled feedback is available to evaluate at Purité Audio, alongside the Kii THREE with BXT module and the Dutch&Dutch 8C arguably the three finest sounding loudspeaker systems currently available.
Keith

Our new Grimm LS1bs’s have the motional feedback subwoofers developed by Rob Manning Schmidt,
From the Grimm site,
The LS1s-dmf subwoofer was developed in cooperation with Rob Munnig Schmidt, who worked at Philips and ASML and was professor at the Technical University Delft. Rob explains his design motives:

"Being lifelong fascinated by precision control of motion systems and sound reproduction I never was happy with the unbalance in audio design between electronics and mechanics. On one side designers do everything to reduce distortion in electronics by means of feedback to almost unmeasurably low levels, while on the other side the real music is reproduced by electromechanical structures, called loudspeakers, without any control of their behaviour. Although many people agree that the loudspeaker is one of the most determining factors for the quality in an audio chain, strangely enough people accept that all loudspeakers have a well distinguishable character due to resonances, non-linearity, diffraction etc.

For this reason I immediately said yes when Grimm Audio asked me to design a motional feedback version of their LS1s subwoofer with a digital DSP controller, based on my experience with this principle. It covers the frequency range where control is most needed, the low frequencies around the fundamental resonance. By applying a sensitive acceleration sensor with low distortion on a rugged and powerful driver the real sound output is controlled such that the resonance disappears and distortion is significantly reduced. The effect is readily audible by its clean and dry bass where a base drum with damping blanket really gives short well controlled bumps, while organ tones to even below 20 Hz are reproduced faithfully such that you feel it rather than hear it. It is so rewarding to see people who hear the new DMF sub show real surprise when realising how much better bass reproduction can be."

Rob Munnig Schmidt

Keith

advertisement

Back