advertisement

?Greenhornes/HollyGolightly

kirstysdad

Can't remember member
I've just seen the movie Broken Flowers witha superb soundtrack, inc. main theme by The Greenhornes ft. Holly Golightly. Has any fishes out there heard either artst(s):confused: /offer opinion?

Holly Golightly features on the last track of White Stripes "Elephant" but I would not want to draw too many conclusions from that performance.

The Greenhornes are awesome, very 60's in a Rolling Stones sort of way. Check out 'Sewed Soles' a compilation of the last couple of albums/singles.
They supported the White Stripes last year.

I've three or four Holly Golightly albums - very good indeed - 60s lady pop type stuff - extremely well done. She used to be in Thee Headcoatees, the spin off girl band from Billy Childish's Thee Headcoats.

The connection here is all Jack White. Jack White's a big fan of Billy Childish and apparently a close friend of Holly Golightly through that connection (which is why there is that rather unrepresentative bit on Elephant). The Greenhorne's I believe include members of bands Jack White has been in and members of Greenhornes have backed Jack on a couple of occasions (like when the Stripes and the bassist from the Greenhornes played backing to Jeff Beck, when he was doing the Yardbirds segment of his show a few years back) and may be involved in the new Jack White/Brendan Benson thing - the Raconteurs

advertisement

Back