advertisement

Greatest Living English / Scottish / Welsh / Irish etc Person

Yes I had the same thought and wondered who I would nominate as greatest living Englishwoman.

Judi Dench perhaps? If not for her portrayal of M then surely for her infamously obscene cross-stitch.
I don't really agree with the premise of "The Greatest... ", but how about Maggie Aderin-Pocock? An eminent scientist, educator and communicator and great role-model for people looking for a career in science, especially women and girls and people of colour.

I’m tempted to nominate :

Angela Rayner. Started with nothing, having a child in her teenage years could not have been great and working into a possible position of power in the not too distant future. The perfect antidote to the Bullingdon club psycho.

Sticking with politics, BJ could be a candidate. He’s lit the touch paper and I’m hoping the Tories implode/explode. Not bothered which one it is. I realise that his actions or inaction have had serious personal consequences for many (including myself). If anybody is offended by this then I apologise unreservedly.

Moving on to something a bit lighter, how about the quartet of Iommi, Butler, Ward and Osbourne. Not many bands get to form a style of music.

advertisement

Back