advertisement

[IC] Graflex speed graphic and Kodak Aero Ektar (Project/jigsaw)

Puggie

pfm Member
I have a stripped down for refurbishment, Graflex Speed graphic 4x5 press camera. It was working but tatty when pulled apart, my plan was to recover it in black leather. It is virtually complete, less a couple of trim pieces and the roller curtain needs new fabric, it has been torn and repaired, but my plan was to renew. It comes with the std lens and shutter, and a some film holders. I also have a kodak Aero Ektar (WW2 aero reconnaissance lens) big fat piece of glass (7" f2.8 iirc), but no lensboard for it (they are available from a few places).

It's boxed up bagged in bits.

I have no idea of value, quite a bit when done, significantly less as is. Anyone interested?

Camera

Kodak lens

Anyone interested I will do proper fresh pictures. These are just to give an idea.

The Aero Ektar (f2.5) is an excellent portrait lens, gives a beautiful image.

The glass can go a bit yellow, and possibly is still a bit radioactive, the glass contains a radioactive element, which I cannot remember, but duckduck is your friend...thorium

If you have an interest in portraits, refurbish and keep.

You could cut a suitable lens board from scrap aluminium, or even a bit of thin plywood.

Twenty years ago I would have been interested...

ps When I was much younger I had the Graflex Speed graphic monorail, as used by the RAF Photographic Units...

The Aero Ektar (f2.5) is an excellent portrait lens, gives a beautiful image.

The glass can go a bit yellow, and possibly is still a bit radioactive, the glass contains a radioactive element, which I cannot remember, but duckduck is your friend...thorium

If you have an interest in portraits, refurbish and keep.

You could cut a suitable lens board from scrap aluminium, or even a bit of thin plywood.

Twenty years ago I would have been interested...

ps When I was much younger I had the Graflex Speed graphic monorail, as used by the RAF Photographic Units...
Hi there, pm on way to you.

advertisement

Back