advertisement

GPs in crisis

That's good.

Money well spent.
I assume you're being sarcastic. Your view is widely held by the British public and one of the many reasons why there isn't enough money in the world that could ever persuade me to be a GP.
The nihilistic part of me looks forward to when primary care is truly destroyed and the British public realise quite what they have lost.

I assume you're being sarcastic. Your view is widely held by the British public and one of the many reasons why there isn't enough money in the world that could ever persuade me to be a GP.
The nihilistic part of me looks forward to when primary care is truly destroyed and the British public realise quite what they have lost.
Not really sarcastic.

I don't go to the doctors regularly enough to know all that they do.

Luckily.

PS : A lot of ailments can be addressed by a nurse or pharmacist without the need for an expensive GP.

IME

Last edited:
Not really sarcastic.

I don't go to the doctors regularly enough to know all that they do.

Luckily.

PS : A lot of ailments can be addressed by a nurse or pharmacist without the need for an expensive GP.

IME
Of course they can. It's just that if you don't know what to worry about it's quite easy to miss serious things.
UK healthcare is rapidly becoming 2 tier. Doctors for those that can afford them; allied healthcare professionals for those that can't. Time will tell on the value for money and safety of that.

one tragic result of the GP crisis is that Abortion is up massively very largely due to problems getting contraception from GP`S according to health charities . the british pregnancy advisory service has said . one in 50 women aged 15-44 had an abortion in 2022 the highest level on record . one woman described having to call a GP at 8am 200 plus times and being turned away .

one tragic result of the GP crisis is that Abortion is up massively very largely due to problems getting contraception from GP`S according to health charities . the british pregnancy advisory service has said . one in 50 women aged 15-44 had an abortion in 2022 the highest level on record . one woman described having to call a GP at 8am 200 plus times and being turned away .
Why can't an adult woman get contraception from any pharmacy ?

Men can get contraception, too. Years ago I was able to get supplies from the family planning clinic. No doubt funding for that is long since cut.

advertisement

Back