advertisement

Gothic audio cable direction

vam777

pfm Member
Hi all,

I have arrows on one end of the din cable. Should the arrow direction point towards the pre amp from source or vice versa. Right now it points towards the pre amp.

So my source (naim nds) is higher than the pre amp (nac 282) and the arrow is pointing towards the nac 282. I think that's correct, but I'm getting conflicting info. Hmm

Before all the piss taking starts (for which I am in full favour 😂) I believe the ground shield is normally connected at one end only. That being the difference.

Maybe

You may have accidentally walked in to a hornets nest here vam777. Arrow pointing away from the source is the intention I believe, but it is quite contentious .... even on the green site. I have a Naim RCA to DIN that I recently switched to suite different boxes, meaning I then used it the 'wrong way around'. However, not having money to burn, I would not even dream of buying another 'right-way round' version to confirm if it matters. I'd probably buy a lottery ticket or two instead.

Do any ley lines run through your listening room? According to the Copenhagen interpretation, this can have a huge effect on how electricity flows in your system.

So seems a mixed bag here. Definitely an interesting topic to be had. Il will leave it like I have for now, but have also emailed the supplier. Anyone else got anymore insight please do share.

So seems a mixed bag here. Definitely an interesting topic to be had. Il will leave it like I have for now, but have also emailed the supplier. Anyone else got anymore insight please do share.
Sorry, it's just that we do have a lot of 'cable nutters' on PFM. The maker will tell you that the directionality of their interconnect is due to how the copper was pulled during manufacture. There is truth in the fact that this does align the crystal structures within the wire. However, it has no influence whatsoever on the 'sound' of the cable. The only influence it has is on your thought processes. Practice DIB's; Disputing Irrational Beliefs.

Is this a silver cable? What do you think of the sound? Any difference to the cable you had before?

Is this a silver cable? What do you think of the sound? Any difference to the cable you had before?
It's the Ella din occ cable. Just put in on Friday. Sounds great so far. Great insulated cable. Had lavender before which was great but still early doors.

It's the Ella din occ cable. Just put in on Friday. Sounds great so far. Great insulated cable. Had lavender before which was great but still early doors.
That's good to hear. The OCC silver should be a decent uplift (as far as cables go) for you. There are a few users on here who have been pleased with the Ella.
I'm running one of Gothic's interconnects between my dac and pre amp. Going by its performance in this role, I may save up for a few more over time. Hope you continue to enjoy.

That's good to hear. The OCC silver should be a decent uplift (as far as cables go) for you. There are a few users on here who have been pleased with the Ella.
I'm running one of Gothic's interconnects between my dac and pre amp. Going by its performance in this role, I may save up for a few more over time. Hope you continue to enjoy.
Thankyou that's good to hear others have had a great response from it

advertisement

Back