advertisement

Good New Techno

Any other albums like Dettman II I should get, preferably available on vinyl?

Following my recommendation for the Phase album, which is out on vinyl and I hope you bought as it's excellent (better than Dettmann, I feel) here's his remix of PvH's To Alter a Vector. Bang-ger.

The vinyl's sold out (whole series has I think) but the track's available from Time to Express bandcamp for E1.50 in 24/44.1, bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say I really didn't think much of the Phase on first listen. Will give it another spin but it quickly moved to the back of the pile.

Lessons in Hate 2 is now late, as is the new Cut Hands.

A new AnD just out too I see, will look out for that over the weekend.

I got Phase on vinyl, need to move it to the front of the pile is it?

DS

Are you both talking about the album or that PvH remix? I just find the album beautifully produced and weighted - check the recent CLR podcast by Phase for some of the tunes in the mix (annoyingly you now have to sign up on fb, I've downloaded hundreds of those podcasts in the past!). All the sounds and styles do it for me - ok, it doesn't quite do anything mega-new, but nor do Fengler and Dettmann with their albums - have to go elsewhere for that. He did compile it over many years so it reflects that. Snapshot of ze best in techno by a very nice guy. Perahps it's bit too clean?

Give it a spin when you're in the mood, settle in chair, beer in hand, you'll be up on your feet before long.

The album launch party is at Crucifix Lane SE1 at the end of the month, I went to the Token one there a couple of months ago, nice scuzzy venue and crowd, too big. I can't go as I've already got tickets for Fengler same night in TBA location east (bought on a post-Berghain high). With Ryan Elliot who I have no interest in.

Have to say I really didn't think much of the Phase on first listen. Will give it another spin but it quickly moved to the back of the pile.

Lessons in Hate 2 is now late, as is the new Cut Hands.

A new AnD just out too I see, will look out for that over the weekend.

AnD's live slot is 6.30 - 7.30 at Corsica Studio, this Saturday morning. Ancient Methods are live at 3.30, followed by Perc live. Svreca's warming up at 11. (That 2CD is f^ck1n great btw). Was dying to go but have several things on Monday and "nervous exhaustion" is likely to set in if I go to this. Tempted by a sleep and heading down there about 7am, possibly...

Yes the double CD turned up the other day, it's had a few plays in the office - very snazzy.

That's a pretty sweet line up but after too many heavies of late we've promised ourselves a quiet one this weekend with face stuffing at Borough followed by talks at The Rest Is Noise on Sunday so no 7:30 AM partying :)

I missed one of his 12's and now it doesn't seem to be available anywhere, not even over-priced copies on Discogs.

Just took delivery of the Shifted. Good but completely smoked by the Halh/20 Years of Downwards comp. Stunning.

This is one of my faves from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can 2013 be classed as new?
When I play The Black Ideal - Various I only play side B, tonight I played it all and did not realise how good this is. Not really knowledgeable in this genre but I found the music intriguing, drew me in so to speak.

Bloss

advertisement

Back