advertisement

Godfrey Bloom

Yes, what a guy. Hopefully someone will be along to defend him in a minute, 'cause that will be funnies too.

C4 News is ace. The best journalist getting hit with a UKIP Manifesto footage I've seen in ages.

Trouble is, he is a plonker but this particular issue is not really the one to be hauling him up for. Clearly there are knives out for UKIP at the moment.

Clearly there are knives out for UKIP at the moment.

Including from within UKIP. I think something like 5 out of the 13 MEPs that were elected at the last European election have had the whip removed*

*nb, this is not the same as the procedure that used to be popular with some members of John Major's cabinet.

Including from within UKIP. I think something like 5 out of the 13 MEPs that were elected at the last European election have had the whip removed*

*nb, this is not the same as the procedure that used to be popular with some members of John Major's cabinet.

And from which part of their anatomies were these "alleged" whips removed?????

Follow up question - ....and what exactly were they doing with these whips prior to removal? :D

Bloom is clearly an idiot and a media disaster.

More telling than his 'sluts' comment (which, in the recording comes across as ill-advised rather than malicious) was his monumental over reaction to the questions about the 'all white' brochure. A very clear case of one who 'protests too much'.

More telling for me though was the narrowness and naivety of some of the speakers at their conference. I actually listened to a couple this PM. Their scouser bloke (Nuttall?) made some valid but rather simplistic points about education. Sadly his whole pitch was undermined by a clearly distorted understanding, despite him claiming a background in HE and FE teaching.

I think he's taken a look at the success of Boris and is trying to emulate the 'loveable buffoon' approach, but only seems to achieve the an X-Factor Audition standard.
I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks this bad publicity will be good for him in the long run, because he seemed to play to the media about this yesterday.

Much as I dislike UKIP, I do think their rise has lit a fire under the asses of the main parties, and that can only be a good thing.

There's nothing loveable about Boris and it isn't a good thing. All they're doing is pushing already too far to the right parties further to the right 'cause that's where they think popular opinion is.

There's nothing loveable about Boris and it isn't a good thing. All they're doing is pushing already too far to the right parties further to the right 'cause that's where they think popular opinion is.
Sadly I think that is where popular opinion is. Fire up a referendum on reducing intra-EU immigration, reducing immigration full stop, and hammering benefit claimants, and you and I both know the outcome. Oh, capital punishment as well, a nice crowd pleasing example like Ian Huntley or Fred West. I can hear the scaffolds being built now.

Just because you and I and a bunch of other left wing intellectuals don't agree, doesn't make it true. What's the readership of The Sun? 6M sales a day still? Read by 2-3 people on average, I'd say that means about half the voting UK population reads the rag.

I suppose the point is to never apply logic to politics. But what I don't get is, that if this guy gets booted for verbal abuse(which he should) why was Prescott able to clonk someone and become a hero?
Verbal abuse trumps physical abuse I guess. Or the other way round, whatever.

Steve.

I seem to remember Prescott was reacting to being assaulted with something that for all he knew was acid.

I'd have done just the same and not just one jab either.

Sadly I think that is where popular opinion is. Fire up a referendum on reducing intra-EU immigration, reducing immigration full stop, and hammering benefit claimants, and you and I both know the outcome. Oh, capital punishment as well, a nice crowd pleasing example like Ian Huntley or Fred West. I can hear the scaffolds being built now.

Just because you and I and a bunch of other left wing intellectuals don't agree, doesn't make it true. What's the readership of The Sun? 6M sales a day still? Read by 2-3 people on average, I'd say that means about half the voting UK population reads the rag.

Poll illustrated in Guardian today says a 30% majority of the public blame Labour for the mess we are in right now.

advertisement

Back