advertisement

Glastonbury 2015

Tony L

Administrator
Here we go again... BBC menu here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/performances

Hopefully Goat and Jane Weaver will get shown. I'm vaguely curious as to what sort of noise The Pop Group make these days too. There are a few items I've not heard of, so hopefully something good lurking. Other than that a bit dreary looking really IMO. I wonder if The Fall are doing the Dolly Parton/Tom Jones/Shirley Bassey old-folks spot?

PS I fully intend to watch Motörhead.

I like Chemical Bro's new song. Main stages look a bit average to me until Sunday night when the oldies come and hopefully save the good name of Rock'n'Roll

Looking forward to Motorhead - seen them multiple times since 1983 and IMHO still THE best live band I've ever seen. Nobody I've seen (+100 bands) has come close to such stage presence and atmosphere. Hope the weather holds and their performance is enjoyed by many, not just the metal fans.

I'll be there as always for the whole weekend - braving the weather.*

It's always good, and sometimes excellent!

*Should I need to pop out for anything :)

Looking forward to Motorhead - seen them multiple times since 1983 and IMHO still THE best live band I've ever seen. Nobody I've seen (+100 bands) has come close to such stage presence and atmosphere. Hope the weather holds and their performance is enjoyed by many, not just the metal fans.

I'm rather surprised they didn't bump Motörhead up to headline after the Foo Fighters dropped out.

Me too. Nothing against Florence and her Machine but Motorhead are far more akin to Foo Fighters in terms of musical styles. Perhaps, as Metallica headlined last year, they've elected not to do 2 metal bands headlining the Friday on two consecutive years..???

"What are Florence & The Machine, like?"

"Imagine PJ Harvey but shit"

OK, I will sit down and watch Florence tonight with an open mind - I promise. Thank God for the red button though...

I hope the crowd goes nuts for the Everything Everything's "Distant Past" and "Regrets". Not enough of the crowd will know the songs yet though.

EDIT: they've been on already, bugger - will have to catch up..

I liked F&tM for about a week when she first appeared, but quickly tired of her.

Me too. I remember commenting positively on one of the earlier Glastonbury threads when she played, I think, the BBC Introducing stage. She always comes across as a nice fun person in interviews etc, but the music just sounds somewhat strained and forced to me these days. I'll no doubt watch some of her set on the coverage later though - I suspect she'll rise to the occasion and go down rather well. Glastonbury is far from a purist music festival these days and a tall girl with an overly loud voice and a dressing-up box may be just what's needed. She'll have to shout some for folk who've just sat through a Motörhead set to be able to hear her!

Motorhead just finished - great stuff, but my word Lemmy looked like he was about to peg out...

Motorhead just finished - great stuff, but my word Lemmy looked like he was about to peg out...

I'm just listening/watching the bits BBC4 are showing. Been a fan since I was 13. Either BBC4 have really screwed up the sound (probably) or they're a pale shadow these days. Lee my does look old these days but let's be honest it's a minor miracle he's still above ground.

Good friend of my mate, Ian (Lemmy), Lives up the Road so to speak, not name dropping of course :)

You may have a more down to earth image of the man if you saw him prior to taking the stage, not to shatter any illusions, if you can find him down one of the local pubs of course, a scout hunt has been the order of the day on more than one occasion, he is a genuine old school rocker & completely down to earth, lovely guy.

Motörhead's sound is a mess, brickwall compression and zero bass weight, they sound really tired too. Disapointing. The interview before was interesting though, I never realised Lemmy's prime influence was the MC5. It makes a lot of sense thinking about it.

PS I saw them live back in the late '70s or early 80s in Birkenhead of all places and they were great!

The Motorhead sound is pretty appalling both via my television and iplayer on my computer. But it has been like that for virtually all of the bands I've see clips of.

The mysterious special guests between Lemmy and Florence are The Libertines. Bloody hell, Glastonbury is getting quite boring.

Jack

advertisement

Back