advertisement

Glasto

Interesting to see D Block Europe so high on the bill. I wonder if the beeb will be televising their big hit from last year 'Pakistan'.

Sing along everyone "I got a brick of heroin from Pakistan..."

Totally agree with the need to get away from having The Who or The Stones or whatever but having Dua Lipa headline is the equivalent of having the Bay City Rollers headline Glasto over Hawkwind or Dollar in 1980 over say The Specials. I mean I like a couple of her songs - Levitating springs to mind - but if that's where the cutting edge lies then we are at a sorry pass...
I'd go see her down the Depo in Plymouth but not headlining Glastonbury. However, if she is what's popular then Eavis will move heaven and earth to secure her/the income.

Totally agree with the need to get away from having The Who or The Stones or whatever but having Dua Lipa headline is the equivalent of having the Bay City Rollers headline Glasto over Hawkwind or Dollar in 1980 over say The Specials. I mean I like a couple of her songs - Levitating springs to mind - but if that's where the cutting edge lies then we are at a sorry pass...

She’s not really cropped up on my radar, but my argument isn’t against pop as such, e.g. T. Rex played, though I think a little before they really exploded with Electric Warrior. FWIW I thought Beyonce was amazing, such a great headliner. I suspect they tried to get Taylor Swift and kind of worked downwards from there! I’d have liked to see Raye there too.

I like to see who is playing because that might indicate a tour closer to where I live by that artist/band.
This time, everyone that I have researched isn’t doing anymore dates in the U.K.

(never interested in Glastonbury - Reading festival was more accessible to me back then, musically and distance-wise)

FWIW I’ve always hated the idea of multi-day festivals. I just refuse to be anywhere without a decent toilet/bath etc for more than an evening! Really not my thing at all.

FWIW I’ve always hated the idea of multi-day festivals. I just refuse to be anywhere without a decent toilet/bath etc for more than an evening! Really not my thing at all.
You should try 4 nights camping like we did at T in The Park one year, I carried so much stuff in the army Bergen I'd bought I had to be helped up from a crouch position, took 2 people to lift it onto my back, plus a 2 man tent in each hand, and people expected me to go around them walking towards me carrying bugger all, *rseholes!

Once I got moving I wasn't stopping for fear of not getting going again, was about 3/4 mile to the car, thank feck it wasn't any further, I'm not sure if my back is shorter or it's my arms that are longer, my pockets are too high now 🤣

Last edited:

advertisement

Back