advertisement

Gilmour to guest "Atom Heart Mother"

Thanks for the offer Mike, but due to me being exceptionally (for me) out-and-about over the next month (Zombies, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Massive Attack, Neil Young, New Zealand ODI) my ageing frame won't take any more!

Zombies, eh? Just discovered their Odessey and Oracle album - a work of genius. I'm jealous.

Ticket available should anyone want it.

M

Mike - I think you are in for a treat. Last night's performance was superb without the 'fat pudding'. Ron Geesin is very amiable and amusing, Though the band sounded a little nervous at first, AHM was in the main very well played in this nicely scaled venue and sounded so much more moving than the official recording.

Would have bought tickets for tonight but already had tickets to see Gong with Hillage rejoining them. Hope you enjoy watching Ron play the piano strings with mallets in the build up to "silence in the studio".

Robin

Thanks for the ticket Mike, much appreciated. Great evening I thought.

Ron Geesin came across as a wonderfully erudite old buffer and was very entertaining, the banjo and piano led pieces in the first half were particularly good, as was the powerpoint presentation that preceded Atom Heart Mother.

AHM was excellent, better than the original, which was never a favourite of mine in the Floyd canon, and the live choir and brass were really affecting. DG also jammed along well, although very differently from the original, IIRC (I haven't listened to AHM for a long time). The guitarist from the Floyd tribute band looked a bit of a fifth wheel, but their drummer was very good indeed, he captured the 'tribal' feel of the drumming on earlier Floyd recordings.

Good evening all round.

advertisement

Back