advertisement

Germany sees sense and legalises cannabis

I walked 12, cycle every week and etc. Those things are physical and bring into contact with new bits of the normal reality.
We are discussing the other 90% of your unused brain.

Strange way how some people get there kicks ? How about walking 5 miles, cycling 10, swimming 10 lengths, etc instead ?
Just a thought ?

I was Scottish mtb champ and won multi day mtb 500 mile + events in Italy, Spain, etc, good enough for you?, or can your teeny-tiny mind not comprehend such a thing?

Strange way how some people get there kicks ? How about walking 5 miles, cycling 10, swimming 10 lengths, etc instead ?
Just a thought ?
Humans have been expanding their consciousness through experimentation of different substances, plants, fungi etc. for thousands of year’s. It is quite possible that modern civilisations, religions and all manner of other things came about through hallucinations and visions from and through our ancestors experimenting. The ancient Greeks made a wine containing DMT, the ancient Egyptians and Mayans enjoyed the blue lotus flower, the Vikings and Romans magic mushrooms and so it goes on.

I find it more strange that people wouldn’t want to do this, no doubt put off by the press and media‘s mass hysteria, making out that it’ll pickle your brain and you’ll end up in an institution. Sure, for a very small minority this may happen but it is very much the exception rather than the rule.

The thing I find the most intriguing by all of this, is that when we all go to sleep at night and go into REM sleep and dream, this is literally our brains tripping (releasing) on DMT, know one gives this a second thought though.

Each to their own I guess, it’s just a shame these things have been demonised for so long, when we know just how many great benefits many of these substances bring. Like anything, it’s best taken in moderation, no different to alcohol etc.

The thing I find the most intriguing by all of this, is that when we all go to sleep at night and go into REM sleep and dream, this is literally our brains tripping (releasing) on DMT, know one gives this a second thought though.

Each to their own I guess, it’s just a shame these things have been demonised for so long, when we know just how many great benefits many of these substances bring. Like anything, it’s best taken in moderation, no different to alcohol etc.
I think it dates back to 5000BC to the nearest day.

I was a regular daily eater for the last 10 years or so, having stopped a week I am now remembering my dreams, very enjoyable. no side effects as such, just not sleeping well, but I did not when consuming it also, so will see if this improves in the next month or so.

I probably will take it again, controlled use only, but a good long rest beforehand, I achieved this with alcohol so not too much of an issue as I have never suffered with withdrawal symptons as such. Our last proper GP said I did not show any addictive signs, hoping she was correct.

So in the event that sale of cannabis is legalised, what happens to the ‘off grid machinery’ that currently provides the supply chain?

And does it mean that it will not be classed as an intoxicating substance under the road safety act?

So in the event that sale of cannabis is legalised, what happens to the ‘off grid machinery’ that currently provides the supply chain?

And does it mean that it will not be classed as an intoxicating substance under the road safety act?
That's a non-sequitur. Alcohol is legal, but is classed as an intoxicating substance.

Of course its classed as intoxicating, there is also a road stop test and if the amount in your system is above the permitted level, you will be prosecuted, just like alcohol.

Humans have been expanding their consciousness through experimentation of different substances, plants, fungi etc. for thousands of year’s. It is quite possible that modern civilisations, religions and all manner of other things came about through hallucinations and visions from and through our ancestors experimenting. The ancient Greeks made a wine containing DMT, the ancient Egyptians and Mayans enjoyed the blue lotus flower, the Vikings and Romans magic mushrooms and so it goes on.

I find it more strange that people wouldn’t want to do this, no doubt put off by the press and media‘s mass hysteria, making out that it’ll pickle your brain and you’ll end up in an institution. Sure, for a very small minority this may happen but it is very much the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks for your polite reply. Unlike the previous poster. Surely though it's hard to deny there is not a huge drug s problem in this country ?
Seen it in my own extended family with the brother in law. Used to be a lovely bloke but now is a broken man after years of hard drugs.

People will find other uses for it. There may be a sudden rush in the number of second hand plant growing lights and automatic irrigation systems for sale, and the prices may fall. It's not really going to be a problem.
No, it will be an intoxicating substance just like alcohol.

Thanks for your polite reply. Unlike the previous poster. Surely though it's hard to deny there is not a huge drug s problem in this country ?
Seen it in my own extended family with the brother in law. Used to be a lovely bloke but now is a broken man after years of hard drugs.
Are you saying he should have got his kicks by going for a nice bit of exercise instead? I'm sure he'd have been better off if he had, but seriously?

Thank you, you've validated the argument for legalisation

Much of the same infrastructure that is now employed by the illicit cannabis trade will simply be absorbed into the mainstream, in much the same way that the Highlanders of yesteryear who previously distilled moonshine became legit after distilling licences started to be issued. Many outfits will come in from the cold, as that is where the knowledge and experience of commercial cannabis cultivation resides.

There will always be however, either because they cannot obtain a licence, or they wish to evade taxation, or whatever other reason, those who will continue to produce illicitly. When I was last in California, despite cannabis’s legality, there had been a series of deaths amongst illicit weed purchasers and smokers; attributable to some really nasty pesticide that had been used during cultivation. The cartels will continue to control the diminished illicit market while diverting into synthetic opiate production, and the biggest drug distributors in the world- the CIA- will have to find other gainful employment.*

* https://www.amazon.co.uk/Politics-H...the Cold War until today?tag=pinkfishmedia-21.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Are you saying he should have got his kicks by going for a nice bit of exercise instead? I'm sure he'd have been better off if he had, but seriously?
I suppose thats the problem. People are not content with the simpler things of life these days. And look how some of them end up !

Everything can be abused. If you over-eat, you get fatter, but it's not the food's fault. If you over drink you may become violent or morbid and eventually become an addict, but a small amount alone is nice.

I think that we became a very scared civilisation when there were so many people experimenting in the 60's and 70's.

Drug use dates back, as has been said thousands of years but became unfashionable when new western societies started to use it without an understanding of its properties and for reasons of pure pleasure. The use of cocaine in parts of south america for example. is ages old, but there it is understood. Almost part of daily life (was) but not to get off your head, but to increase energy, and reasoning power.

As I said before, some people should be very cautious using any drug. Any doctor will confirm that they have patients who are addicted to painkiller, valium etc. Some people are much more sensitive to alcohol; coffee even sends some hyper active.

However it's also true that some are barely affected. I remember a good friend trying LSD and finding no effect at all. Zilch.

Maybe the media, prodded by an anxious government have scared us more than really needed, but then as I started by saying, in the late 60's it was starting to look like half the population was lying in a park somewhere giggling at flowers :)

For me, all Opioids would end up (as they are) banned except for medical use, under strict supervision. Far too powerful for 95% of us.

Alcohol I dislike for it's tendency to promote aggression in some, but would leave alone. Cannabis I'd decriminalise totally and regulate as alcohol is regulated. For sale legally but available to anyone over 18. An offence to 'drive or operate machinery whilst under the influence'. That sort of thing.

For chemical lab street drugs, like Crack, etc etc I'd continue the ban. I dislike them all and don't know of one that is reputed to be beneficial, or prompt wellbeing in any positive way, but I've never tried any, not even 'speed' so admit a bias and ignorance.

I'd accept that there is b***er all anyone can do to control natural plant based hallucigens like Mescaline and Magic Mushrooms, and wouldn't try. In any case, it's my opinion that most people could benefit from opening 'the doors of perception' now and again. In fact I suggest each county council must elect one such user to it's ranks :)

Oh and seed 'the common' with said mushrooms.

Thank you, you've validated the argument for legalisation
Legalisation of what? All cannabis? High yield THC varieties? Purified THC? Synthetic cannabinoids? All Class B drugs, all Class A?

We saw what happened before synthetic cannabinoids were made illegal, spice was for sale in every other corner shop, nobody knew what was in it, and the spice zombies were blundering around the streets in broad daylight. All completely legal.

I'd accept that there is b***er all anyone can do to control natural plant based hallucigens like Mescaline and Magic Mushrooms, and wouldn't try.
Except that you can. You can prevent prople from supplying them. I think it's already legal to graze magic mushrooms. Be my guest, etc. But if you pick them and give them to someone else, that's supply. Likewise making tea is preparing the stuff.
Let's not forget that I can plant enough poppies in my little garden to get comprehensively off my face for most of the year. A mate of mine did exactly this, they ran out on about April and did cold turkey until the next crop showed up. He said that part of it wasn't especially nice.

Just back from Vegas in Nevada where private consumption is legal you just had to step out the hotel to be hit by the smell of cannabis, which was all over the place and to me at least it is not a nice smell.

Just back from Vegas in Nevada where private consumption is legal you just had to step out the hotel to be hit by the smell of cannabis, which was all over the place and to me at least it is not a nice smell.
It's truly Awful !

Legalisation of what? All cannabis? High yield THC varieties? Purified THC? Synthetic cannabinoids? All Class B drugs, all Class A?

We saw what happened before synthetic cannabinoids were made illegal, spice was for sale in every other corner shop, nobody knew what was in it, and the spice zombies were blundering around the streets in broad daylight. All completely legal.

Yep, legalise it all, I use a very high THC/CBD cannabis prescribed by the government and get it on prescription in the form of sativex, an oromucosal spray taken under the tongue, I have taken 8 sprays this morning 20 mins before attempting to get out of bed, each spray contains 2.7mg THC and 2.5mg CBD so in 30 seconds I absorbed 21.6mg of THC and 20mg of CBD directly into my bloodstream which hit in less than 5mins.

This is far more than any available street cannabis from hobby growers

If I was to take the entire bottle at once of 120 sprays then I'd be ingesting 300mg of THC and 290mg of CBD, I'd personally not choose to do so but I do know of mates who regularly take 100mg THC to 250mg THC gummies, I'm happy around the 50mg THC dose as anything else and I can't move any of my limbs but Jesus Christ its very relaxing and an utterly blessed release from dealing with SPMS muscle spasms, I save such doses for bedtime.

I can get cannabis of very high THC varieties of 37mg THC and 10mg CBD or I can get mellow varieties of 6mg THC and 5mg CBD, in fact on looking through the catalogue of what is available from the Canadian/Californian supply model I have a choice of 60+ varieties and if I need information as to what would be suitable I have the ability to talk to the growers or advisors on specific traits of the strains that would be suitable for my condition

Why would this model be a bad thing?.

53628325222_04070c34de_c.jpg

And as for mushrooms, I have two varieties here below, one is very cerebral invoking vivid hallucinations and is absolutely wonderful for listening to music lasts for hours, the other gives an amazing feeling of contentment that remains for weeks afterwards.

53629689325_20b5422d4d_c.jpg

Last edited:

advertisement

Back