advertisement

Germany sees sense and legalises cannabis

I tried a vape type thing for cannabis,
Never heard of vaping cannabis. Guess it's like bongs and similar (without the water) but I wonder how they work and how they're effectively different from, say, a pipe. Mind you, I don't know how an ordinary vape works but cannabis requires heat unless eaten, surely.

Never heard of vaping cannabis. Guess it's like bongs and similar (without the water) but I wonder how they work and how they're effectively different from, say, a pipe. Mind you, I don't know how an ordinary vape works but cannabis requires heat unless eaten, surely.
A vape would use THC oil, I assume.

They heat the flower up to between 160° and 210° depending on strain, how dry it is and desired effect. The lower the temperature 160° the greater the THC content that is released, and for maximum release of CBD the temperature is generally 210° to 220°.

For Terpenoid/Flavanoids then 170° to 200°.

Vaporisers vary in the method they use to heat up the flower/bud and cheap vapes will be pretty useless. I have nice wee davinci vape to use out n’ about. And a volcano hybrid for home use, but to be honest the davinci is hard to beat.

Davinci iq2 vape

Volcano hybrid

yes, it generated heat, via batteries. disgusting thing as you had to clean out the ash after use.

Vaporisers vary in the method they use to heat up the flower/bud and cheap vapes will be pretty useless.
The technological progress in getting stoned has obviously passed me by; mind you, most other things have too ! If you're heating the stuff, surely it's burning sufficiently to release tar, which to my mind = smoking it neat or via a bong etc. (unlike eating it with no tar to lungs). The cost of those machines, though; you'd need to be on sth to afford those technological methods (though the Volcano looks like a bong/simple heated jar with hose akin to a coffee maker). The mind boggles with or without experiencing these ! :)

We can still smell it in Belsize Park to this very day ! If that was your West Hampstead days !
Belsize Park ain't West Hampstead but when I worked in the Witches' Cauldron there (Belsize Village) I was living in and around that area, and this was before my 'heady' days, so 'taint the ghost of my past. :D

The technological progress in getting stoned has obviously passed me by; mind you, most other things have too ! If you're heating the stuff, surely it's burning sufficiently to release tar, which to my mind = smoking it neat or via a bong etc. (unlike eating it with no tar to lungs). The cost of those machines, though; you'd need to be on sth to afford those technological methods (though the Volcano looks like a bong/simple heated jar with hose akin to a coffee maker). The mind boggles with or without experiencing these ! :)
There is no need, or reason, to use solids in a vape. Combusting solids in a vape is the same as smoking a roll-up and a damn sight more expensive and complicated. The whole point of a vape is that it uses a vial of THC infused oil and does not produce the very many harmful chemicals that a cigarette does.

No, vaporisers only heat enough to release the volatile chemicals contained within the flower/bud.

Conduction vaporisers are usually at the cheaper end of the market and use a heating element in the chamber , they are good for large clouds of vapour but run the risk of combustion of the flower/bud which you don't want.

Convection vaporisers work by circulation of hot air and even heat distribution which enables the bud to heat up evenly and the chances of actual combustion is practically zero - these are the types used my the NHS and medical professionals as they have precise temperature control to within a degree or two.

The bud looks to all intents and purposes identical to when it comes out/is finished with in a convection vaporiser, in a conduction vaporiser it comes out looking somewhat like dried tobacco.

You can use solids in a vape but you need to set the temperature around 220 degrees and as hash (good stuff, not soap bar or shit like it) is a concentration of resin glands then the hit can be very strong indeed and rather cough inducing, not really suitable for vaping but it can be used.

Last edited:
As Robin Williams once said, 'weed doesn't lead to harder drugs, it leads to origami'.

We used to concoct all sorts of different bongs and put our money into a vaporizer as seen in the back on high times or something in order to 'try a different way' to smoke it, cook it in brownies etc etc. Hash oil was available in Ontario (looked like motor oil and probably was cut with it), along with blocks of hash, bud, leaf or 'shake' as it was known.

As Robin Williams once said, 'weed doesn't lead to harder drugs, it leads to origami'.

We used to concoct all sorts of different bongs and put our money into a vaporizer as seen in the back on high times or something in order to 'try a different way' to smoke it, cook it in brownies etc etc. Hash oil was available in Ontario (looked like motor oil and probably was cut with it), along with blocks of hash, bud, leaf or 'shake' as it was known.
Sure that was not Robbie Williams ?

it uses a vial of THC infused oil and does not produce the very many harmful chemicals that a cigarette does.
About the only harmful item in a cigarette that I can think of is tar from the cannabis; using tobacco is another aspect entirely and not one I've experienced in probably 40 years or more There may, of course, be other harmful aspects to herbal cannabis that I don't know about; possibly only released when burnt rather than ingested. After all, the effects and their duration are very different between the two long-established uses of herbal cannabis and I imagine that health risks differ too.

About the only harmful item in a cigarette that I can think of is tar from the cannabis; using tobacco is another aspect entirely and not one I've experienced in probably 40 years or more There may, of course, be other harmful aspects to herbal cannabis that I don't know about; possibly only released when burnt rather than ingested. After all, the effects and their duration are very different between the two long-established uses of herbal cannabis and I imagine that health risks differ too.
The smoke itself (any smoke in fact) is a respitory irritant and is associated with lung cancer and other conditions:

The smoke itself (any smoke in fact) is a respitory irritant and is associated with lung cancer and other conditions:
Exactly my point, Anything respiratory apart from clean air is potentially harmful, whereas ingesting stuff isn't; it bypasses that problem to arrive at a similar result. I doubt any research has ever been done on this, but as the 'toxicity' (or not) travels to the brain via the blood stream, the route is the same as any other method.

Did anyone see the news item on the dreadful drugs epidemic in sierra leone where they have a real crisis with the drug Kush which is partially made with human bones

@hifinutt seemingly it's a mix of synthetic cannabis, fentanyl, tramadol and formaldehyde with some sources saying it includes ground up human bones, that's some voodoo zombie opiate.

advertisement

Back