advertisement

Germanwings A320 Crashes in Alps

Defo had a namechange in the last few months, after recently converting to Islam....double or quits?
Obviously this guy wasn't a terrorist as he was wrong race and religion, even though the reports claim he was seeking permanent notoriety

Joking apart, I really feel for the parents of the Germanwings pilot. Not only are they grieving for their son, they have just learned that he may be a mass murderer, and they can't even share in the mutual support and consolation the other passengers' families can give each other. It must be truly awful for them at the moment.

I hope they are given some understanding and not hounded by the usual parts of the media looking for salacious gossip.

Not sure if Ragaman is paying attention to this thread, but this is an example of somebody feigning offence in order to stifle a viewpoint they don't agree with.

Humour can be a release, it is sometimes cathartic. It may be inappropriate, but honestly, in an online discussion forum, I doubt it.

So you think the co-pilot was possessed by demons, and you find it funny, do you, super tweeter? I'd imagine most others would think it infantile.

Not as interesting as your sense of humour, alas. However, if you think clothy's points are mirthful, I can only assume you really are an inanimate metal object that can when pushed squeaks at high frequencies.

By the way, I'm not outraged, merely sad.

Here's an interesting question. If you believe you are addressing an inanimate object, does that stop your remark being ad hominem? If so, then Avole may have a defence.

If the co-pilot in question really was declared unfit to fly by the Lufthansa training center in Arizona, he should never have been allowed to pilot a plane again. Lufthansa and German Wings must know the facts, the public don't.

mat

If the co-pilot in question really was declared unfit to fly by the Lufthansa training center in Arizona, he should never have been allowed to pilot a plane again. Lufthansa and German Wings must know the facts, the public don't.

mat

They are doing, I think, interim payouts of 50,000 Deutsche Marks per person. I get the feeling they will be sued.

Jack

I think the airline is liable, at least to some extent, under IATA rules, as the carrier which had the crash. I'd like to think they're just doing the decent thing.

Whether they are liable for squillions will depend on whether they could, or should have known and taken steps to avoid the cause, whatever it is found to be.

The best personality for a commercial airline pilot is an accountant. There is a mountain of routine paperwork before each flight and they hardly touch the controls in flight.
"Biggles" type are likely to get really bored and do something stupidly rash

When everything is ok then you are right. I think that a pilot can be bored years after years until something is going wrong and his knowledge, experience and ability to react fast and right put the line between life and death.

Arye

advertisement

Back