advertisement

German Translator Please

allen6266

pfm Member
Could someone please translate this for me, need to adjust bias for Denon Intergrated Amp PMA-980R.

Thank you very much!!

BIAS_SETTING_zps424b47fc.jpg

you can copy the text from a PDF into google translate, what is the url of the original document?

I've gotta hit the sack, but here's the text in need of a few corrections before google translating:

RUHESTROM
• Aufbau
1. Gerät in nonnaler Stellung aufstellen und vor dam direkten luft von Klimaanlage oder Ventilator schützen.
Einstellung bei ainer Temperatur zwischen 15 C (59"F) und 30 C (8S"F) vornehmen.
2. Bedienungselemente folgendermäßen einstellen:
NETZSCHALTER -t Ausschalten
LAUTSTärKEREGLER -+ Ganz im Gegenuhrzeigersinn, Minimum HauptJautsta.~e
(VR801) und halbbefestige WiderstAnde
(VR501, 502,503 und 504)
LAUTSPAECHER-Kontakte -+ Offen, ohne Lautsprecher oder andere last
• Einstellung
1. Gehausedeckel abnehmen. Dann sin Gleichstromvo!tmeter an die MeBpunkte von Netztellbaugruppe (IU-2369-1
oder 1 U-2422-1) anschlieBen.
2. Netzstecker zu Steckclose einstecken und einschahen (Netzschalter auf "on- (_ ).
Nach zehn Sekunden Voltmeteranzeige mit uhrzeigersinn gedrehten VASOI (Links) und VR502 (Rachis) auf
5 ± O,5mV DC elnstellen.
:3. lwei Minuten warmlaufenlassen und die Voltmeteranzeige mit VA501 und VRS02 auf 5 ± O,5mV DC nachstellen.
4. Weiters 10 Minuten so warmlaufenlassen daB die Vottmeteranzetg8 mit VR501 und VR502 auf
5 ± o,Smv DC einstellen.
5. Den 1 kHz, 'OmVrms Signal auf die Eingange der beiden KanAIe anwenden unci die HaupUautstarke an maximale
SteUung einsetzen.
6. Sich8fstellen daB die Anzelge des Gleichstromvoltrneters zurn leiehl grOBer Wen (ca. 10mV oder niedriger)
werden, dann VR500 (Unks), VR504 (Rechts) so in uhrzeigersinn einstellen urn Voltmeter 30 ± 3,0 mV DC zu
betragen.
7. Nach zwel Mlnuten Voltmeteranzeige mit VR503, VR504 auf:30 ± 3,0 mV DC wiedereinstellen.
8. Weiters 10 Minuten so warmlauflassen daB die Voltmeteranzeige mit VR503, VR504 auf 30 ± 3,0 mV DC
einstellen.

First quick try:
(I'm french, therefore I do not take any responsability in case you burn your amplifier :p):

Standby current
• Preparation of the unit:
Set up the unit in normal position and protect it against the direct air from air conditioning or fan.
Adjustment should be done at temperature between 15° C and 30 C°.

• Control settings:
POWER SWITCH: off
Volume control: Full counterclockwise (i.e. at minimum volume).
(VR801) and variable resistance (VR501, 502, 503 and 504)
Loudspeaker contacts: no speaker connected !

• Setting
A) Remove the housing cover. Then connect the voltmeter (DC) to the power supply unit (IU 2369-1 or 1 U 2422-1).
remark here: "power supply unit" is the correct translation for the term "Netzteibaugruppe" but is certainly not what is meant here -> please check !!!
B) Insert the power plug and switch the unit on .
After ten seconds, clockwise rotate VR5O1 (left) and VR502 (right) to obtain the following voltage 5 ± O, 5 mV DC on your voltmeter.
C) Let it warm up for two minutes and re-adjust VR501 and VRS02 to retrieve 5 ± O, 5 mV DC.
D) If recessary re-do a last adjustment after further 10 minutes.

E) Inject a 1 kHz OmVrms signal into the inputs of the two channels and set the main volume control
to its maximal position.
F) Check that the display of your voltmeter is set to a range of about 10mV or lower and
adjust VR500 (left), VR504 (right) clockwise to obtain 30 ± 3.0 mV DC.
G) After two minutes warm up redo the adjustment of VR503 and VR504 (to get 30 ± 3.0 mV DC)
H) Wait again another 10 minutes and re-check the 30 ± 3.0 mV DC, otherwise adjust again VR503, VR504.

• Setting
A) Remove the housing cover. Then connect the voltmeter (DC) to the power supply unit (IU 2369-1 or 1 U 2422-1).
remark here: "power supply unit" is the correct translation for the term "Netzteibaugruppe" but is certainly not what is meant here -> please check !!!

I believe what is meant here is "power supply module", i.e. the PSU PCB within the amp.

/U. (who is Danish, so the same disclaimer as above applies :D )

Netzteilbaugruppe is perrhaps best translated as power supply subassembly. If you have a picture of the amp's innards, I'm sure someone can advise.

advertisement

Back