advertisement

Gear you can't stand the look of

My wife hates my teak AR3s. We have just been to stay with friends where there are Klipsch Forte speakers. Not only did she like the sound but she liked the appearance. If only I had £5,500 pounds to spend.
They were lovely.

C
My wife hates my teak AR3s. We have just been to stay with friends where there are Klipsch Forte speakers. Not only did she like the sound but she liked the appearance. If only I had £5,500 pounds to spend.
They were lovely.

I have always loved the look of AR3s and their brothers.
The light wood cabinet finish and those light beige grilles just look right.

The later AR18 and its brothers looked cheap in comparison.
Brown grilles ?
No thank you...

Big silver Japanese boxes with too many knobs and meters.

That includes the silver box revival stuff from the likes of Luxman and Accuphase.

They were lovely.

Just tell her you know someone who's owned unfinished and home painted AR3's.

Big silver Japanese boxes with too many knobs and meters.

That includes the silver box revival stuff from the likes of Luxman and Accuphase.
Would black make it more acceptable?

05_b1c1-1.jpg

I hate the look of shoebox Naim chrome bumper, the volume control looks like it's from a child's toy

I speak as a Naim owner NAP202/200 by the way.

;)

I can’t stand the look of the late Dan D’agostino stuff with the stupid blingy clock face on the front. Some of his earlier Krell stuff was passable.

I can't stand most looking components from Raurk Audio. I think they are designed for a specific (I think minority) like minded people who don't mind the ancient 50's look accomplished in very cheap tatty taste which looks past it brand new! If retro HiFi is designed well (in looks) it would look good for a discerning audience, if some brand like Luxman did it I think they would pull it off in style....

advertisement

Back