advertisement

Gato Audio, anyone heard their floor standing speakers?

Peter McDermott

pfm Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a Gato Audio 250s integrated amp (bought on this forum).

I was wondering if anyone had heard either of their two floor standers?

They have a couple of dealers in Scotland but that's a distance for me to travel from Wales.

Best wishes, Peter

A very little known brand - and I'm afraid their speakers have little to set them apart from a host of alternatives.

A very little known brand - and I'm afraid their speakers have little to set them apart from a host of alternatives.

Thanks for this. I've been looking at a few possibilities including KEF R range and Dynaudio Contour 30s. Just interested in the Gato Speakers as I have their amp and it's pretty good.

Suggestions welcome: looking for a possible replacement for my Dynaudio Anniversary 40s as I think a bit more bass might be more up my street.

Best wishes, Petet

Heard them at the Munich show in 2018 with a full Gato CDP and amp set up at the suggestion of the engineer behind Phison.

The entire set up was good - coherent, dynamic with good imaging - but as to knowing which part contributed what to the overall sound...

I had a pair of Gato FM 6’s that purchased from Audio Emotion they had a nice sound and a good look also, mine had a piano black finish, but I always wanted some Art Alinco 8.1 Signatures, luckily a pair came up for sale not long after I had purchased the Gato’s so I traded ..The Art’s are a keeper .If Audio Emotion have some Gatos it would be worthwhile a journey up there ,Great countryside and no pressure to buy ,I sampled a few speakers there till I picked the Gato’s

Thanks for this. I've been looking at a few possibilities including KEF R range and Dynaudio Contour 30s. Just interested in the Gato Speakers as I have their amp and it's pretty good.

Suggestions welcome: looking for a possible replacement for my Dynaudio Anniversary 40s as I think a bit more bass might be more up my street.

Best wishes, Petet

the contour range are superb , and more well known

what about these babies ?

the contour range are superb , and more well known

what about these babies ?

Thanks hifinutt, not sure what the price of the Confidence is but probably too high for me.

Also looking to go to floor standers, possibly.

Anyone heard the Yamaha Soavo NS-F901?

Sorry I'm turning this into a what's the best floor stander thread.

Seem to have inserted my response into the quotation marks from hifinutt.

This was my response:

Thanks hifinutt, not sure what the price of the Confidence is but probably too high for me.

Also looking to go to floor standers, possibly.

Anyone heard the Yamaha Soavo NS-F901?

Sorry I'm turning this into a what's the best floor stander thread.

advertisement

Back