advertisement

Gathering in my old Polish friends ...

Today I added another old Polish colleague back from the lost! I rang my best Polish friend Pawel W- to say I was being Covid booster dosed at Malvern and would it be fine to visit him and his wife afterwards, it being only a few miles from Malvern to Kempsey.

So late morning I get there and Pawel said that we must be quiet because Justina had done a night shift and was still asleep! He said we must go and visit Robert Chilley Monkey as we called him though his surname is only slightly like that.

Well I had not seen the Chilley Monkey for possibly ten years! We arrived and Pawel said that Robert had no idea we were visiting, so he would hide round the corner and I would ring the door bell! Robert almost fell off his perch! But only the day before the two of them planned to descend on me today without letting me know, so that was a sort of gentle revenge!

The longer the time, the more my Polish friends and colleagues want to maintain the old friendships. Of course fifteen years ago they were all not long out of school, and now they are fine adults with more wisdom, and perspective about keeping good friendships alive.

This day was the best in 2021 for me!

Best wishes from George

advertisement

Back