advertisement

Garrard 86SB MkII

paul_g

Logical member
I am posting this on behalf of a friend, so have only limited info.

He has the above in his garage, unused for donkeys years - in fact he can't recall ever using it. It is mounted in a custom built mahogany cabinet approx 40" X 18" X 12" raised by 4 legs.

I have very little knowledge of gear of this era (early-mid 80's ?), but it appears to me to be mounted directly into the cabinet. According to the accompanying handbook, this model was supplied in 2 versions - "Module" which came assembled to a base & "Deck" which was just the deck for installation into the cabinet of users choice - I conclude that this is the latter.

I forgot to examine the arm but guess that it was supplied as an original fitment (likewise cartridge).

The cabinet also contains a Rotel RA-312 integrated amp which simply sits in a custom made recess.

So far, I have only had a quick browse of the net & found a similar deck for sale on Zenn.com, so I assume that there is a market for this.

Anyone interested ?

iirc, the 86Sb was the next one up from the legendary SP25. I don't really think it's held in particular esteem. The Rotel might be interesting tho'.

Peter

advertisement

Back