advertisement

Garrard 401 plinth advice

stevec67

pfm Member
Evening gents,
I'm building a skeletal plinth for my 401. I'm at my parents' place now and have workshop facilities but I don't have the dims of the 401. I want to cut 4 legs to go between the top and bottom plates, can anyone advise how long they need to be as a minimum, or how deep the motor unit or a working plinth is? Thanks

Steve do you intend the bottom plate to also be holed through to accomodate motor drop and bearing? If you let me know I can let you have a pdf drawing to help you along

Andy

Thanks gents, I've made the spacers today. The plan id for the bottom plate to be solid except for the drillings for the uprights. I will thread studs through top and bottom plate and finish with dome nuts (plain nuts for now, M10)

The spacers are 110mm, top & bottom plate 20mm thick ea so plenty of air. I can always trim it down if needed, just wanted to do the hard stuff while I'm visiting my folks and I can use the workshop.

Mission accomplished, thanks all for advice. Spacers and threaded bar now cut to length, all I need to do now is the woodwork. I've lent out my Workmate, need to borrow one from my neighbour. Still, it's good to get on with it.

advertisement

Back