advertisement

Gap Insurance Recommendations

Any fishes able to recommend decent companies to use for GAP Insurance on a new vehicle?
After using Honest Dave’s Pukka Gap Insurance (who went bust, with no cost to me fortunately) I’m now using the manufacturer’s own, which costs about 5% more. Obviously I lease from a dealer, so that is probably of no help to you.

I had a good outcome with these guys back in 2017
https://www.motorwaydirect.co.uk/
This was a 'Back to Invoice' policy so it is important to keep your invoices safe*

* I lost mine but got the dealership to send me a copy by hinting that I loved the car and might buy another :)

Another bonus was that they paid out my £300 excess which I thought I had lost. All that for around £80 for 3 years when the dealer wanted close to £500 to be put on the PCP

Another bonus was that they paid out my £300 excess which I thought I had lost. All that for around £80 for 3 years when the dealer wanted close to £500 to be put on the PCP

That's pretty much what our dealer is asking £500 for 36 Months.

I have just been reliably informed that the ĢAP insurance we had on Audi TT we just traded in was with ALA, great minds think alike

Also check your insurance policy.

I once declined GAP insurance from the dealer then found that my comprehensive policy covered the cost of replacement with new if written off in first 12 months anyway!

Also check your insurance policy.

I once declined GAP insurance from the dealer then found that my comprehensive policy covered the cost of replacement with new if written off in first 12 months anyway!

I have a vague recollection that this is now a legal requirement for comprehensive cover so GAP insurance is not necessary for year one of ownership.

advertisement

Back