advertisement

G G G G Guitarrrr (amps)

Yeah you should of got him one of those normal Christmas presents like a PS5 for £500 not a £300 guitar amplifier like he is one of the Beckhams.
Funny old world. I remember the year I got my posh French horn. I think it would have been £500 or so in the early 80s and my dad needed a bank loan I discovered later on. It was that or an old banger for my 17th - I think I made the right choice (still don't drive) :)

Yup. One Christmas my Dad bought me a nice Train set, 1961 or 2 iirc. One loco plus a tender and a couple of pullman carriages. I loved it. A couple of years later I saw the pencil written price on it and realised it was about half what he got paid per week. I cried then and can still feel those same emotions now.
At the time my parents were trying to save enough for a deposit, Dad was often working away stressed beyond belief and on phenol barbital.

As regular as clock work my Dad every Christmas me Dad tells us the story of him getting a box of dates, an orange and a milking stool one christmas. Although apparently the dates were a big deal in rural Lancashire in the early 50s.

advertisement

Back