advertisement

Funky/Stylish Ties

Thanks for the replies - very helpful.

Lots of names I'm not familiar with and there are some really spiffy ties out there.

Here's the tie I wore at the last wedding I attended (from Fox and Chave, mentioned upthread):

It worked really well and I might just wear it again, but I'm also in the mood for something different.

Thanks for the replies - very helpful.

Lots of names I'm not familiar with and there are some really spiffy ties out there.

Here's the tie I wore at the last wedding I attended (from Fox and Chave, mentioned upthread):

It worked really well and I might just wear it again, but I'm also in the mood for something different.

that is very understated

I'm glad I don't wear ties for work any more, at £50 a pop....cost more than the suit I got married in (in 1987, Top Man special offer....)

I'm glad I don't wear ties for work any more, at £50 a pop....cost more than the suit I got married in (in 1987, Top Man special offer....)
I've always found ties rather bizzare as an item of clothing.

Plus they're just a pain both to do up and because they require that your shirt is buttoned right up to the top, which I've always found very uncomfortable. Thankfully I haven't needed to wear one in any of my jobs and so I've been able to leave the top button on shirts undone. Though i've not had to wear a shirt for over 10 years at work so even that's moot.

I've got dozens that I no longer wear. Ties in the office are no longer seen. I now wear a tie about twice a year, and more often than not it's black. Would you like one posting? I have some belters that would lift your outfit, some with a blue background.
Will PM you, ta!

Like I others I'm thankful to not have to wear a tie to work any more. My favorite tie looks from a distance to be a rather conservative dark blue and beige pattern, but when you you get closer you see that the beige dots are in fact frogs.
I have a really vile tie - mustard yellow with bright pink, blue and red - from old work Fridays' most hideous tie competitions. I'm not sure I'll ever wear that one again.

Like I others I'm thankful to not have to wear a tie to work any more. My favorite tie looks from a distance to be a rather conservative dark blue and beige pattern, but when you you get closer you see that the beige dots are in fact frogs.
I have a really vile tie - mustard yellow with bright pink, blue and red - from old work Fridays' most hideous tie competitions. I'm not sure I'll ever wear that one again.
The best tie related game I heard of was when I was a kid and my dad was teaching. He and a few of his workmates started "tie-raping" where when they were away from the kids and not especially paying attention an unsuspecting tie would be dragged half off someone's neck and left crumpled and awry. As with all these things, it started with an odd tug here and there and escalated. The crowning glory was when one of them was talking to the Head in the staff room and his mate crept up on him from behind with a pair of scissors and snipped it off. The Head apparently just stood there blinking and bemused.

Neckties are ten-a-penny. Join the ever-growing pfm bow-tie club (three members so far.)

i.php

Ebay is a reasonable source, but why not make your own? It’s pretty simple - I think seven of those shown are by House of Marchbanks - made from old silk neckties. Recycle and save the planet!
Based on a recent post by @Joe P I can only assume you're actually a famous economist. You've kept that very quiet.

I love colourful ties so if anyone is binning them send them my way! Brighter the better

If you fancy any of these, let me know - they are from the days I used to wear ties at work. I only have a use for the black ones now....but I would like to keep Bugs Bunny, just in case!

53515501924_914e5c62c2_b.jpg

Jon Snow used to like Victoria Richards -- there are a few on ebay but her own website is more interesting (and more expensive)

Indeed. I have two of her ties bought for weddings and they are fantastic even if I never get to wear them (or my nice suit). Very bold without being the sort worn by the "wacky" guy from sales.

Also I was speaking at one of these weddings and the bold colours mean you can get one where one or more of the wedding colours will be in the tie design.

advertisement

Back