advertisement

[WTD] Full frame Mirrorless camera.

p147

Sunny Sussex.
Looking to take up photography again after a 20-year absence, and a lot has changed since then, I am therefore looking for a Full frame Mirrorless camera kit complete which would include the lens etc, needless to say it has to be near minty with low shutter count, budget £1k could go a little more for the right one.

Yep, MPB has a “Like New” Canon EOS RP, £679. No end of used EF lenses, but you’d need the adapter. A few RF lenses will fall into your budget, but whether they’re suitable will depend on what you think you’ll be photographing, as ever.

I hope you don’t mind me saying, but if I were trying to rekindle my photography (I have owned m43 and currently, FF mirrorless), I think my first step would be to join one of the photography forums and tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience of existing members. This is exactly what I did before taking the plunge with my Sony A7iii.
If it could be helpful, I’d be happy to PM you with further thoughts,; my journey with Canon, Olympus, Fuji and Sony and lens choice.

I hope you don’t mind me saying, but if I were trying to rekindle my photography (I have owned m43 and currently, FF mirrorless), I think my first step would be to join one of the photography forums and tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience of existing members. This is exactly what I did before taking the plunge with my Sony A7iii.
If it could be helpful, I’d be happy to PM you with further thoughts,; my journey with Canon, Olympus, Fuji and Sony and lens choice.
Not at all, I would welcome any info, I have over the last 3–4 weeks read plenty online and YouTube offers an immense amount of information, and I do visit the forums, but like everything else It's going to be very subjective, I am also thinking of joining our local photography club., but boy have things moved on since I owned my 35mm Canon AE-1.

…but boy have things moved on since I owned my 35mm Canon AE-1.

Yes, they have, but in almost every respect, it’s a lot easier now. I think you’ll enjoy catching up!

Do you take photos with a phone? Edit at all?

Easier, definitely, once you have found d your way around all the new terminology. None of my phones produce anywhere near good enough photos, and as for editing only simple touch ups etc.

I thought my Sony a7 was an excellent full frame sensor for the money. Never really got on with the user interface though. I found my current Fuji x-pro more intuitive and the prior Ricoh GXR better still (if I could have had a full frame sensor on the GXR I’d have never sold it. If you can get on with the Sony UI the tech is superb.

Another good source of second hand cameras (and advice!) is Park Cameras.

Link to their used section:

If you can visit them it’s well worth the journey. It took several hours of looking for me to finalise my purchases.

Looking to take up photography again after a 20-year absence, and a lot has changed since then, I am therefore looking for a Full frame Mirrorless camera kit complete which would include the lens etc, needless to say it has to be near minty with low shutter count, budget £1k could go a little more for the right one.
suggest you check into PFM's own excellent photo pages and ash there. Some really experienced and knowledgable people right here.

How about a Fuji X-T3? Not full frame (APS-C) but a wonderful camera nonetheless. And controls that would be very familiar to you. I'm thinking of rationalising my Fuji kit and replacing my X-T3 and X-Pro 2 with an X-H2S. PM me if interested.

Apertureuk are a great shop in London. Lots of nice kit. Staff who know what they're doing and better prices than most. Second hand Z6 on there at the moment. Great wee camera. Full frame, decent stabilisation, and you don't really need more than 24mp for most things. £750 which gives you a nice bit of room for some lenses. The 24-70 f4 is particularly good as a kit lens. But to be honest there are very few bad cameras out there.

The latest top end phones have all but replaced the regular P&S cameras for most people.
I'd still consider DSLR, plenty of lenses available from your favourite manufacturer. I stayed and enjoyed the Nikon F ecosystem for more than 3 decades for example. I'd make my choice according to the availability of lenses and based on the feel and usability of the camera including the menus, dials, fn buttons etc

I'm deliberating whether to move on my Sony A7ii with a selection of lenses, all in excellent condition, boxed etc
Sony Zeiss, 28-70 f4, 28mm, 35mm and 55mm.

I really like my Sony A7C. It takes much better pictures than my surprisingly good Google Pixel 6a - the great thing about the pixel is it takes consistently good photos with zero effort. The only problem with the Sony is all the hassle of adjusting settings and editing the photos after. I have a Sony 35mm f1.8 on it permanently, because I like to keep it small and light.

I have a Sony A7 MK3 - which has 453 shutter count and is immaculate, I've just not had the time I thought I would to get into it.

Apertureuk are a great shop in London. Lots of nice kit. Staff who know what they're doing and better prices than most. Second hand Z6 on there at the moment. Great wee camera. Full frame, decent stabilisation, and you don't really need more than 24mp for most things. £750 which gives you a nice bit of room for some lenses. The 24-70 f4 is particularly good as a kit lens. But to be honest there are very few bad cameras out there.

+1 for the Nikon Z6 and the Z 24-70 f4 lens. There is one with lens for sale here, currently at £700.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back