advertisement

Fujifilm x30

It's a interesting feature set, though dispenses with an OVF relying on the EVF from the X-E2. To me it's a bit like have an EX-E2 with a smaller sensor and a fixed zoom lens, with the added benefits of tilting screen and full wifi remote control (like the X-T1), hopefully the latter will come as a firmware upgrade on the X-E2 in the near future.

Nice camera, evolution rather than revolution, though initial Fuji pricing will put some off, Fuji's have a habit (like many cameras of taking a price plunge shortly after release).

Note Currys/PC-World seem to be doing in-store deals on the X20 at present, as low as £229, which is less than half the price of the X30

Agree about the price thing. It may well make a smallish sized Christmas gift for a friend who is not too concerned with pixel peeping and likes the look of the kit.

It will be sub £400 before Christmas and probably nearer £350

Having bought an X-E2 at launch and seen the price plummet, even though I love the Fuji X cameras I wouldn't buy one on release (though Jessops are giving a free leather case and Calmunt a £50 voucher on X30 pre-orders)

Very nice looking camera with, I expect, great image quality and very usable EVF. Still a small sensor 2/3" though, so limiting DOF is difficult. I'll stick to my V1 for now.

I love Fuji cameras but the X10, X20 has never really appealed to me. I think it's the relatively large size of the camera paired with a smallish sensor. I have the little Fuji XF1 compact which shares the same sensor as the X10 and pretty much the same focal length. It makes sense on this scale, only the RX100 has a bigger sensor in a compact. I guess you do get better handling and the viewfinder with the X10, X20. The new X30 doesn't look that much smaller than the X100. I know which I'd rather have. No doubt they're sexy little things and I wouldn't blame anyone for owning one :D

Very nice looking camera with, I expect, great image quality and very usable EVF. Still a small sensor 2/3" though, so limiting DOF is difficult. I'll stick to my V1 for now.

advertisement

Back