advertisement

frugal horn xl

Thier room did sound very good at Bristol last year, maybe a little laid back for my taste, but that room, the room with a pair of the Sibelius from above and the Technics room we're the only rooms that stood out for me.

so sadly the frugalhorn are back with brumjam this week . they have been quite a hit with various visitors , audiophile and non . the sweet top end that just takes albums like the soundtrack solaris and makes them so enjoyable and the pretty good bass without being overpowering . not sure i have the time to make my own pair though so we shall see . the alpair 10p driver is excellent. if you get that sweet spot it is very immersive and you feel enveloped by sound . i must express my thanks to brumjam for making this possible

been using them with a naim supernait 2 which has been a treat . tremendous synergy between these 2 .

That's great, making your own pair is only the work of a few hours, especially since I redesigned the kit. Never heard them on the end of any Naim kit, I haven't had any here for quite a few years now.

As I said before if anyone wants a listen I am usually around and you can either pop by and pick up my pair or rough prototypes or come to the house for a cuppa and a listen.

Thanks must go to James here for his hugely generous loan of his pair for what has been quite long term, well done, it's what PFM should be all about.

indeed , its great to share kit and kind offer to pop by and have a listen . i have never had a naim amp and once i sorted out a hum caused by an errant cd player it has been very good indeed. the imaging is what does it for me . monty alexander has such presence with them .

advertisement

Back