advertisement

Frog box

1964meb

pfm Member
Hi

Does this TV frog box really replace a virgin box with Netflix with a purchase only price?

I have a 4k tely

comments of the not too edit tekky edit type please

Ta

Mike

Possibly something dodgy...

My recommendation to most people is just get a freesat box (loads of FREE satellite channels, totally legit).. The latest Freesat boxes support netflix (not expensive, month by month subscription so you can turn on/off as needed (eg summer off winter on) and provides tons of content!

Currently we are on an Amazon fire tv box, pay for prime (£70 the year) plus netflix (£8 a month) and it aggregates it all into one easily searched service... No more adverts, no waiting around for your program to be on (its all available now and streamable)

Never heard of Frog Box and a quick search it looks like another one of the snide boxes that pirates content (so could be switched off the day after purchase and you would have no recourse).

If it's an android box your after then the only real contender is the Nvidia Nexus TV. It supports Netflix 4k and Amazon Prime 4k plus you can side-load Kodi etc.. If that's your thing. You can also stream to it from other devices on your network. It's a bit more expensive than the other options but the hardware is more powerful and the software support blows the competition out of the water.

<moderating>

From what I can tell from a cursory google the Frog Box thing is just an Android running TV box, so as an item is likely legitimate. I will however point out that if there are ways to configure or hack it to steal content etc discussing that would be a clear breach of the pfm AUP.

This does nothing that the Amazon ultra 4K box does at £20 cheaper.
If you don't subscribe to Netflix but can access it it is illegal.
Clearly.

Possibly something dodgy...

My recommendation to most people is just get a freesat box (loads of FREE satellite channels, totally legit).. The latest Freesat boxes support netflix (not expensive, month by month subscription so you can turn on/off as needed (eg summer off winter on) and provides tons of content!

Currently we are on an Amazon fire tv box, pay for prime (£70 the year) plus netflix (£8 a month) and it aggregates it all into one easily searched service... No more adverts, no waiting around for your program to be on (its all available now and streamable)

Never heard of Frog Box and a quick search it looks like another one of the snide boxes that pirates content (so could be switched off the day after purchase and you would have no recourse).

I would recommend this way of going, although I have Sky because I like to watch the F1 races live, and that is only available on Sky.

advertisement

Back