advertisement

Fridge Freezer temperatures

if we had enough space for a combined FF then it would always be dual circuit.....space constraints force us to have separate F&F so the issue doesn't arise - Fridge is at +4 and freezer at -19

Commercial requirements are 2-4 for food fridges and a minimum of -20 for freezers. Obviously independant control is essential for commercial use whether that be by dual compressors etc. or by totally separate units.
Add to that all appliances must have secondary thermometers in clear view when the appliance is opened so that inspectors can varify the set temperatures.

Commercial requirements are 2-4 for food fridges and a minimum of -20 for freezers. Obviously independant control is essential for commercial use whether that be by dual compressors etc. or by totally separate units.

[useless factoid]
All EU and US commercial regulations are built on -18C, which was picked rather arbitrarily in the early days of refrigeration because it is 0 Fahrenheit and the Americans thought a) it was a nice round number and b) way below the temperature where anything bad was likely to happen. That number has stuck for decades. EU standards for commercial freezers reflect ISO standard 23953:2015, usually for ambient conditions of 25 C/ 65% RH (climate zone 3) and specify various temperature classes (3L1, 3L2, 3L3, with 3L1 the toughest requirement). All have -18C or -15C (3L3) as the coldest temperature of the warmest test package in the display cabinet. The highest temperature of the warmest package can be -15C or -12C depending on category.
The only time I have ever heard of setpoints below -18C for the commercial storage of frozen food was in very special applications like the container transport of whole tuna to Japan (-40C).
Chilled requirements vary from 3M0 (-1C for the coldest temperature of the coldest test package, +4 for the highest temperature of the warmest package) to 3M2 (-1 to +7).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/448646/2015_Criteria_Refrigerated_Display_Cabinets.pdf
[/useless factoid]

don't forget the wine fridge, beer fridge, freezer for chilling cocktail glasses and shakers, freezer for storing ice (large cubes, small cubes, spheres large and small, crushed, and planed)

I'd be interested to know which model this is.

I'll be unable to answer for a month now as we're at the airport on our way away but I doubt you'll be able to buy one. It's the four-door job from three years ago in which one of the freezer sections can be used as a fridge.
Subsequently Beko were subject of bad publicity due to fridge fires but this model didn't feature.

I'll be unable to answer for a month now as we're at the airport on our way away but I doubt you'll be able to buy one. It's the four-door job from three years ago in which one of the freezer sections can be used as a fridge.
Subsequently Beko were subject of bad publicity due to fridge fires but this model didn't feature.

You should come back and check for me!

Have a good trip.

My Beko about 7 years ago, lasted just over a year before failing.

advertisement

Back