advertisement

Freeports / Charter Cities

farfromthesun

pfm Member
Been seeing more and more discussion on Freeports and Charter Cities recently. I don't know much about the idea, other than that they effectively "privatise" specific areas, which presumably are then run by corporations and that it's the type of thing that I'd expect our vampiric government to fully endorse.

On the Govt. website there is a map of the proposed Freeport at Plymouth, which shows boundaries extending around the entirety of Dartmoor. Looks a bit iffy to me.

FZi_cNYXwAA4lSJ

Link

This website seems to have more information than most: Baker Street Herald

Anyone have any further insight?

Are we headed for some Paul Verhoeven imagined future?

Last edited:
Freeport's and charter cities - mini-city states and enclaves where libertarians run wild and free, employment rights and standards are ditched, taxes avoided and the wealth of the country is stripped to be sent offshore to the US sponsors and their UK Tory enablers. What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing new, even the U Turn from the Tories about Freeports. Liverpool was made a Freeport in 1984 and then

Malaysia has and has had more freeports. They are normally islands because of the customs/smuggling consequences

Been seeing more and more discussion on Freeports and Charter Cities recently. I don't know much about the idea, other than that they effectively "privatise" specific areas, which presumably are then run by corporations and that it's the type of thing that I'd expect our vampiric government to fully endorse.

On the Govt. website there is a map of the proposed Freeport at Plymouth, which shows boundaries extending around the entirety of Dartmoor. Looks a bit iffy to me.

FZi_cNYXwAA4lSJ

Link

This website seems to have more information than most: Baker Street Herald

Anyone have any further insight?

Are we headed for some Paul Verhoeven imagined future?
There are a lot of creeks and rivers to get the contraband in and out. Someone should write a book about it.

Yes, they have a multipage special report on it in the current issue. Read it and get angry.

For years now my advice to everyone is *read PE if you want to know what really goes on*.

advertisement

Back