advertisement

Free mp3 Download - Porcupine Tree

rod

beach bum
Burning Shed has started making selected (mainly live) Porcupine Tree music available as downloads through their shop. To get people interested (or not), the version of Tinto Brass that was originally going to be on the live Warszawa album, is available free as an 11.6mb mp3 download. You just need to register with them; don't worry, I get one or two e-mails a month (if that) announcing new material available - no spam.

The other stuff currently available from PT includes; XM - which has been unavailable for sometime, and commands ridiculous prices on ebay, a 2-cd set from last year's Rockpalast tv gig, and a short set of tracks that didn't make the In Absentia album. Knowing Steven Wilson's dedication to sound quality, I'm sure these will be excellent.

There are also downloads available from various other artists as well as SW-related projects.

The good news is that these downloads are available as both mp3 and flac files, with a small premium for the flac (or perhaps discount for mp3?). If only more sites would do this, then I'm sure more of us would be willing to download artists work, rather than purchase the hard copy.

Hello from the Great White - AKA: Canada

My name is Andrew D. I would like to introduce you to a site that I have created where you have the ability to pick and choose through several hundred free & legal MP3 files. All hyperlinks point to MP3 files on Band, Label and promotional agency web sites.

All files are 100% legitimate - free demo / evaluation - files, so there is no need to worry about copyright infringement issues, very nice!

Additionally, these files will most certainly open your eyes to a great many new bands that you have never heard of. It constantly surprises me how many freaking' great bands are out there - and the major labels have yet to discover them - Indie labels are everywhere!

The best part, aside from free and legal music, is that the site contains absolutely no advertising, popups, pop-unders, page re-routes, sign-ins or any of the idiotic things that annoy the hell out of me, and you too I suspect! How can this be? Well, it’s a hobby of mine, bandwidth for the site is dirt cheap these days and I’m all about spreading the groove - imagine if the Net’ worked this way all the time!

If you feel so inclined, please give me some feedback or perhaps links to other free and legal music files that I can add to the list.

http://www.cdnav.com/free_&_legal.htm
Andrew D.
Admin.

Thanks a lot Rod - I've done the free download (and very good the music is too). I baulk at paying album-style prices for downloads though. It's probably an age thing coupled with the fact that I failed my hippie exams for being too materialistic - I expect to have and to hold a nice factory-made CD ;-)

Hi Nick - I agree with you on the prices, although these downloads are not currently available to buy on cd, and will possibly stay that way. Mr Wilson does like to create a collectors market though.

advertisement

Back