advertisement

Free Hi-Res download- Linn

I suspect it's also quite a clever way to get new users to register with them in order to partake of the free music. Sounds like it's not really all that exciting uncl_nigel?

I have a few 'Édition Studio Masters' from Qobuz and the quality is stunning. 'Random Access Memories' by Daft Punk sounds incredible for example.

Got all of the free tunes last christmas, not all of them where great, but some where at least enjoyable.
Sometimes you need some new style music just to keep your interest going.
Thanks for reminding me.

I was interested in Claire Martin it would cost £54 for three hi-res Linn album downloads, I picked up all three on SACD for a tenner from Amazon.

Downloaded the three tracks yesterday.
The tagging was really sloppy and lacked care but there again, they were free and spent 1/4 hour sorting it out.
Makes you think what the standard of their commercial downloads is???

Downloaded the three tracks yesterday.
The tagging was really sloppy and lacked care but there again, they were free and spent 1/4 hour sorting it out.
Makes you think what the standard of their commercial downloads is???

Tagging is fine in Jriver MC19.

I used to use a media player where all cover art had to be changed to 'cover.jpg' manually >>> bin.

Never cared about the tags (I edit them anyway with JRiver or MP3tag) but the musical offer is absolutely fine IMHO, at least with classical.
I wish they offered some more chamber and a bit less symphonic music, but the artistic quality is very good. Recording is usually also fine, but that is kind of expected from Linn.

Today its "Electric Counterpoint Version for Percussions - Movement III: Fast (KUNIKO)"

I suspect it's also quite a clever way to get new users to register with them in order to partake of the free music. Sounds like it's not really all that exciting uncl_nigel?

I have a few 'Édition Studio Masters' from Qobuz and the quality is stunning. 'Random Access Memories' by Daft Punk sounds incredible for example.

Tried to download DP and Thriller without success 'not available in your country' it's EU for gawd sake!

advertisement

Back