advertisement

Free album downloads from Qobuz

I got the email too. Grabbed half a dozen, including ‘Blues Greats’. Unfortunately two tracks on that have what sounds like bursts of white noise. I downloaded the files again, just in case, but no improvement, so I emailed Qobuz about it.

Mick

Thanks for the reminder Stunsworth. Grabbed a few because, well, it would be rude not to... I recommend the Papa Wemba album, bound to put a smile on your face!

On the French language version of the site there are two pages available from the download welcome page. No need for an email or link.

I just downloaded 5 classical and 1 French singer-songwriter albums that I am actually likely to listen to.

No point cluttering the HD with stuff I won't listen to even if it's free :)

Papa Wemba and the Congo album will have you (ok, me) tapping your foot like a Linn employee at a HiFi show.

The Noel McGhie album will appeal to anyone who likes Bitches Brew - it’s derivative of that period of Miles’ output but enjoyable none the less.

Thanks to the OP for the link. Despite all the custom I’ve put Qobuz’s way over the years they seem to have stopped sending me emails. Have downloaded the Noel and Papa based on the recommendations above.
No point cluttering the HD with stuff I won't listen to even if it's free :)

A very real problem: I still have many GBs’ worth of as-yet-unlistened-to albums downloaded during various free Society Of Sound three month trials. I suppose the difference with Qobuz is one could buy the whole bally lot and only download in the future if/when the fancy takes.

With the Qobuz downloads you actually "buy" them, albeit for 0€, so they appear in your collection; unlike Bandcamp where free downloads do not appear in your collection for later use.

advertisement

Back