advertisement

Found this in my Car (MX-5) is it an audio adaptor ?

Sid and Coke

and so the rebuild continues..
Hi Guys,

I hope my image shows and not too big...
I found a little box lurking above my rear view mirror - yesterday ( I have had the car over a month ! :) ).

It is isn't in my cars user manual, it has a cable coming out of it, don't know where to yet, it has an up and down button and a display. it doesn't seem to power up...

any idea's...

v1M4xZMVGHuimc561Hu04hepufmpZ-a-NzTulesXpRv48ZUvWGefqTGTfdkFMrxoXyXAE0qUo0gc-mycC4YFaV0EEqam0QKReTY6p0zZ3F3AIH0KtE88C1fea9A-riCFAUx8Mb-W_eDeTdx_FQTzwm5Br8QGW-ZuZb6u79DvSYjB7S7mVx6oyL4tSb7EJhoROO21479DBMSM5FRRWc_DeasNCZ48VB8nm0koNQllbjMcXFGhC-ZAhTsBX9Ko5CkgW6hvPbNkarbtFRhIm11yM2teyKEGOYNHzkSa5iNkiGX2ySCnGHoczNdXfnS7Tw_98jXM22evK7FdhHCYW9pGNj5j-GZYvHNdanuHt_wicv7BGPS5u4wnkKkUoX9VedZjjD8a6boMPclX-7xYCQa84gCmvQUHboQSBmE1qlyeIDKr6X100v_K6ob6zehAwf5L1dP8Ds_i6N1SxeHbj_Ci8bzYwcomaBO8BuUroi_9lneQoXxVP4uYrz_CiCZOTbGmUpOmJmwyrJ6SsSPxNIKOWltnaVtRKM4CQ7Hx-bWoFesMARpZcK7kmPlt1JfpOmY8NsrG6qidYjjVgg_0MX8oRAdbRCCe-02vL-7a_6uGYL9dhNHuG_LbTo6fpmPTAzYVSp0Uznu2D9P0CItLdKSq4SPmRd-U91A=w1630-h917-no

i can't see any life in it at all. i thought maybe some long defunct bluetooth adaptor, DAB radio adaptor, radar detector, etc,etc....
it is quite well stuck in place so i might leave it alone for now until i get some spare time...

You might find a radar speed detector - in the unit or perhaps a little box tucked away at the front radiator hole.

Looks like an older LCD screen rather than a camera display to me. Best guess so far is the control for a remote radar detector. I would look around the front of the engine bay looking for something that could be the radar detector

Didn’t there used to be traffic warning systems based on cellphones? It looks like it could possibly be one of those. I can remember the very first one of those on Cellnet, it’s not that one, but I seem to remember some later ones as well.

Didn’t there used to be traffic warning systems based on cellphones? It looks like it could possibly be one of those. I can remember the very first one of those on Cellnet, it’s not that one, but I seem to remember some later ones as well.

TrafficMaster?

Is it the traces of dinosaur bones that indicate precisely what was happening at a specific moment in geological time? If it is, better tell Joe P. That maverick swashbuckling palaeontologist will be all over it.

advertisement

Back