advertisement

Football: Women's world cup 2023

“How can our #Lionesses lose?
They might not have the support of Prince William but they have the support of our beloved Liz.
She trickled down for us.
She grew the pie.
And now she’s backing our #Lionesses.
We all know anything Liz Truss supports is bound to end in success!”

Southgate’s video message via the Lionesses twitter X feed: “No advice from me, you have got further than we have’…

Quite right. Go, girls. Bring it home.

Southgate’s video message via the Lionesses twitter X feed: “No advice from me, you have got further than we have’…

Quite right. Go, girls. Bring it home.
Indeed - not really qualified in giving advice on how to win tournaments.

They're really going to have to watch those fast Spanish breaks - as the Swiss commentator said, the English defence is good, but not particularly fast.

Lack of discipline in the midlfield and we give the ball away allowing a very good break away goal to Spain.

Shame we were looking well in control .

Lack of discipline in the midlfield and we give the ball away allowing a very good break away goal to Spain.

Shame we were looking well in control .

Hmm, we had the first 5 minutes, but Spain have been in control for most of the half. James on for the second half?

Think FIFA need to give another ball. Spain are keeping the first one.

First half owned by Spain. Football lesson being taught ATM.

Time for Lauren James to come on?

She can occupy the attention of three opposing players, to give our other players more space.

Spain look more comfortable with the ball but just lack that bit of quality up front - England lucky to be just one down

I blame the Windsors.

Spain sent their Queen.

Our ludicrous fake queen (small q) and her equally ludicrous husband couldn't be bothered. Nor could his ludicrous heir.

Their failure to recognise the women's game meant defeat was inevitable.

If England don't get a grip, I can genuinely see Spain running riot. Some poor Spain finishing prevented a worse half time scoreline.

I wouldn't have taken off Daly as she was one of the better players both in defence and creating attacks.

It is the midfield giving aaway the ball to easily putting pressure on our defence.

advertisement

Back