advertisement

Focal Scala Utopia V2

Thanks again.

Unless i am mistaken then i take it the mains are receiving a full range signal from the D200.
Yes that’s correct. Would be interesting to roll the Sopras off if I was to use the sub-pre outs on my D250. Would need some time to experiment.
By the way is this the configuration you’d recommend as opposed to the high-level output?

Yes that’s correct. Would be interesting to roll the Sopras off if I was to use the sub-pre outs on my D250. Would need some time to experiment.
By the way is this the configuration you’d recommend as opposed to the high-level output?

If your subs are up to working at a high crossover point then i would use the D250 and unburden of the mains LF from as much if not all of the bottom two octaves. But its also critical that the mains and the subs are in phase.

All things being equal a subwoofer is the most important component. I would not recommend wasting the subs potential by having the sub/s sitting below the mains.

Interesting Rik’s comment about the Kiis needing a sub. That was my experience when I heard them in a moderately sized room. The situation was improved when The bass module was added but of course that makes them very expensive. They’re a decent enough speaker but I’ve auditioned much better in the past year!

Full range they may be and as good as the Kii 3's are however the difference of bringing even a single JL Audio e110 subwoofer into play with the Kii 3's is simply profound. There's simply no going back to sub less Kii 3's :)

If your subs are up to working at a high crossover point then i would use the D250 and unburden of the mains LF from as much if not all of the bottom two octaves. But its also critical that the mains and the subs are in phase.

All things being equal a subwoofer is the most important component. I would not recommend wasting the subs potential by having the sub/s sitting below the mains.
Interesting input thank you. My other half seems to be accepting the presence of the REL subs, which is great considering I like the way the combination sounds. A bit of experimentation may be in order when time allows with view to optimising my current set up further.

advertisement

Back