advertisement

Flux sonic electronic stylus cleaner

martin dawson

pfm Member
Hi Guys,

Has anybody on the Forum bought one of these units ? What are your thoughts and is it worth the investment.

Regards,

Martin

I did, it's been used at most 3-4 times in the past two years and tbh there wasn't really need to use it as cantilever on cartridges I own/owned stays clean , fibre brush is all I need - with bonded styli I would be careful and avoid using supplied cleaning liquid.
If your records were cleaned on RCM there is no need for one IMO

I have owned the original AT version from new for something like 30 years and it has probably been used less than a dozen times, when something gets stuck that a very fine bristle brush or jewellers putty cannot shift.

I have never cleaned a new record and do not intend to start any time soon, but just use a carbon fibre brush before each play.

I have never cleaned a new record and do not intend to start any time soon, but just use a carbon fibre brush before each play.
Me neither as I don't buy new records but it's different story with 40-50 years old , I remember when I bought Japanese copy of Depeche Mode "Some Great Rewards" , after one track cartridge started distorting as it happens someone cleaned record with unknown solution and Fritz Gyger stylus pulled out so much crap- looked like soap , that it barely sat in the groove , I soaked and cleaned that record 4-5 times - sounds perfect now.

^^^ LOL

Yes, used records - different story entirely. Some are surprising after cleaning though, just a very few seem to have almost a layer of incredibly fine fibres deep in the grooves, so the stylus looks like a fur ball after the first play.

Well after a long chat with a dealer who sells the Flux as well as the DS Audio ST 50 and has used both l plumed for the later due to the fact the dealer opted for the ST50. Was pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and the cleanliness of the stylus !
I had previously used the Clear Audio diamond cleaner sparingly but I’ve been impressed with the results.

Regards,

Martin

advertisement

Back