advertisement

Flashback signal/power Naim Cables with DTC

Seanf

pfm Member
I have the cable set that Flashback used to sell that separates the audio signal and power when connecting a HiCap to a Naim pre-amp. I've been using them with my 102 to great effect but as I will soon be getting an 82 and DTC (should arrive tomorrow hopefully!), I was wondering if I can continue using this to connect the Dual Teddy Cap to the 82. Looking at the wiring diagram for the 82, it looks like the first Hicap would normally be used to route the audio to the NAP and the second is purely for power. So could I follow this set up with the DTC too?

Yes you can. I had a similar setup with an 82 and two hicaps. Signal out to the power amp goes via the 4 pin socket that would normally be used to connect an amp with a built in pre amp power supply. Just the same as the 102.

Thanks. I didn't want to risk it without confirmation first. Got it all set up with the Flashback cable plugged into the 'hicap 1' socket on the Teddy and the signal cable going direct from the 82 to the 180. It's playing now and sounds incredible.

Thanks. I didn't want to risk it without confirmation first. Got it all set up with the Flashback cable plugged into the 'hicap 1' socket on the Teddy and the signal cable going direct from the 82 to the 180. It's playing now and sounds incredible.
And you should have another snaic from the DTC to the 82?

advertisement

Back