advertisement

Finding the ideal Mains block.....

Blood Hell, Peter Belt is alive and well, I had hoped that I would live long enough to see the end of all of this nonsense.Does anyone remember his purple, or was it green pens for marking Cd's and the little sparkly things that you stuck on everything to eliminate magnetic eddies, that the conned and easily lead bought in truck loads. Now we have special extension blocks made by left handed elves in the darkest regions of Dartmoor, with there contacts plated in the latest space age metals, sold to believers at astronomical prices.
Have you bothered to look at the internal fuses fitted inside your equipment? it will a be standard RS or similar type fuse and holder rated at about 2.5 amps not even the end cap's will have been attended to to improve contact .So all of your super conductive electrons are going to be strangled at birth or at least on reaching your amps
Mr Belt , Mr Andrews and others have made a very healthy living out of the less well informed. If you wish to waste your cash follow Steven T's adage of you will hear the improvements you want to hear, but for my money I go for standard individual sockets for each piece of kit But if I had to use a extension block it would be at the value for money end of the market and my cash would be spent on more Records and Cd's. Music is what we are here for, not folk lore.
oldie

I have four separate radial circuits but the system sounds better connected to just one via the block.

This isn't Beltism.

Its mystifying to me as to 'how' or 'why' things like the musicworks blocks can improve or change the sound of our systems...but it is evident that they indeed can and for Steven Toy in his system it simply just does that....

Why?...I certainly don't know but it always worth trying these things out for ourselves in our systems in our homes...and if after careful evaluation it 'works' for you and gives you a change or improvement that you enjoy and like then bravo!!!!

That's surely what we are all going about doing in one way or another , us nerdy geeky obsessive audiophiles ;););)but we just have to except that there is no fix all, please all, super component out there that works in any environment and condition and with any combination of equipment...

Certain components will work wonders when implemented in a certain way and when used with particular kit...whereas the same component when implemented in a different way and or used with different kit will sound different and may even have a negative effect...

There seem to be far too many variables in this game :confused:

I guess for me its more about finding out what kind of sound I like and then going along this path experimenting with various components and implementation of those components until I find a certain synergy which I like, thus whittling out the most amount of aural enjoyment from our choices.

From where I'm sat we all seem to be in the same boat so lets try to get along a little better and respect each others views...its all information as far as I'm concerned and you can never have to much information...so those who are rocking the boat please stop or we are all going to fall out..analogy speech over;)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Its mystifying to me as to 'how' or 'why' things like the musicworks blocks can improve or change the sound of our systems...but it is evident that they indeed can and for Steven Toy in his system it simply just does that....

Why?...I certainly don't know but it always worth trying these things out for ourselves in our systems in our homes...and if after careful evaluation it 'works' for you and gives you a change or improvement that you enjoy and like then bravo!!!!
Don't forget there are more Musicworks fans than just the voluble ST. Trio Leo and Paul McGarry are quieter but happy users.

You won't be content until you try a Revo will you?

That's surely what we are all going about doing in one way or another , us nerdy geeky obsessive audiophiles ;););)but we just have to except that there is no fix all, please all, super component out there that works in any environment and condition and with any combination of equipment...

Certain components will work wonders when implemented in a certain way and when used with particular kit...whereas the same component when implemented in a different way and or used with different kit will sound different and may even have a negative effect...

There seem to be far too many variables in this game :confused:
Glad to see you have ditched the simplistic Ideal concept. Life isn't that simple. So Musicworks may well not work for many. I would be curious if it worked in my home, with my kit always open to try things but even if it did do something the cost is too much for my budget.

I guess for me its more about finding out what kind of sound I like and then going along this path experimenting with various components and implementation of those components until I find a certain synergy which I like, thus whittling out the most amount of aural enjoyment from our choices.

From where I'm sat we all seem to be in the same boat so lets try to get along a little better and respect each others views...its all information as far as I'm concerned and you can never have to much information...so those who are rocking the boat please stop or we are all going to fall out..analogy speech over;)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I think you are resorting to your simple thinking mode again. I doubt most posters to your/this thread see themselves as in the same boat, far from it some are rowers, sailing sheets sailors and of course various forms of motor. That includes not just those who you see as boat rockers.

Voluble huh?

The kerfuffle about "cat piss deflectors" from certain quarters was certainly a reaction to pictures not words.

advertisement

Back