advertisement

Films you’ve never seen

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
Inspired by another thread, and not wishing to derail that thread, it occurred to me that I’ve not seen several of the ‘must-see’ titles.

Off the top of my head, these include:

The Sound of Music
Blade Runner
The Terminator
Any of the Batman films
The Great Escape
Titanic
Any of Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti westerns

Very recently I saw The Magnificent Seven for the first time.

No guarantees that a given 'must-see' film will be a must-see film for you but it's defo worth a shot in case you find something you really like, love or simply enjoy.

I certainly have not seen more films than I have.

I have seen, or been in the room, when all the above have been playing. I have watched Blade Runner, Terminator, Great Escape, and the Eastwood Westerns and the original Magnificent Seven several times. The rest I would not wish to watch even to their conclusion.

Titanic (or any other film with Leonardo Di Caprio in it)
Any Die Hard film
Any film with Tom Cruise in it

None of the 25 highest-grossing films of the 21st century except Frozen, for some reason. (Although I rather like the blurb for no.1, Avengers: Endgame - ‘After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War (2018), the universe is in ruins.’ That must have been really annoying.)

I looked up a list of Best Picture Oscar winners and hadn’t even heard of any of them since 12 Years A Slave (which I have seen.)

The Sound of Music. I am horrified by the first 5 minutes but having heard that the plot is based on Gurdjieff's ideas I will have to grit my teeth and watch it.

Inspired by another thread, and not wishing to derail that thread, it occurred to me that I’ve not seen several of the ‘must-see’ titles.

Off the top of my head, these include:

The Sound of Music
Blade Runner
The Terminator
Any of the Batman films
The Great Escape
Titanic
Any of Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti westerns

Very recently I saw The Magnificent Seven for the first time.

The Spaghetti Westerns were a must as a teenager, I thought Eastwood was cool as! Sadly dated now. Not a massive fan of Batman but thought the Christian Bale ones were pretty good.

Cheers BB

The Sound of Music. I am horrified by the first 5 minutes but having heard that the plot is based on Gurdjieff's ideas I will have to grit my teeth and watch it.
I love the idea that Gurdjieff’s thoughts can be distilled into

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
Till you find your dream

Titanic (or any other film with Leonardo Di Caprio in it)
Any Die Hard film
Any film with Tom Cruise in it

None of the 25 highest-grossing films of the 21st century except Frozen, for some reason. (Although I rather like the blurb for no.1, Avengers: Endgame - ‘After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War (2018), the universe is in ruins.’ That must have been really annoying.)

I looked up a list of Best Picture Oscar winners and hadn’t even heard of any of them since 12 Years A Slave (which I have seen.)
I’ve seen What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? (Only because it was a freebie with the Guardian). Not seen a Die Hard movie, or any of the Marvel comics spin-offs. Saw the first Lord of the Rings films. Fell asleep during the second one. Of the top-grossing films, the only one I can recall seeing is The Lion King, but that was an ‘accompanying a child’ viewing which doesn’t really count.

Dances With Wolves

Rain Man

Minions

The Lord of Rings films except the first one. None of the Hobbit films

advertisement

Back