advertisement

Fidelity Audio Power Supplies

sometimesuk

pfm Member
Hi, Does anyone here have any experience with Fidelity Audio power suppliers and how they compare to other manufacturers?

Thanks

This was a company I came across too and wondered about their products. It will be interesting to hear what others might think of them.

I've decided to send them (Brian) my Eversolo A6 ME to make a bespoke LPS.

He offers LPS that deliver +&- voltages.... The negative voltage is used to power the op-amps for the analogue output, but for this feature he doesn't offer his "best" LPS. I believe this may be because of size constraints with the same case size used for all models.

As am only using the Eversolo unit as a digital transport into my Naim DAC, I've decided to go for his
signature LPS (Hopefully I'm not a fool with his money!)...
This would power everything apart from the op-amps, which I'm never going to use.

I believe he is going to offer a few power supplies once mine is done. We're waiting on a plastic cap to cover the old power plug hole, which is coming from China, so hopefully that would work. We're not too keen on drilling into the case to fix a blanking plate like the teddy pardo option.

I'll keep you updated.

I have the Fidelity Audio Pro LPSU for my Bluesound Node2i (as a streamer into a Hegel HD30 DAC). Does its job nicely with a distinct and clear improvement in sound quality. Presentation is smoother and more detailed. Reliable and solidly constructed.

I've decided to send them (Brian) my Eversolo A6 ME to make a bespoke LPS.

He offers LPS that deliver +&- voltages.... The negative voltage is used to power the op-amps for the analogue output, but for this feature he doesn't offer his "best" LPS. I believe this may be because of size constraints with the same case size used for all models.

As am only using the Eversolo unit as a digital transport into my Naim DAC, I've decided to go for his
signature LPS (Hopefully I'm not a fool with his money!)...
This would power everything apart from the op-amps, which I'm never going to use.

I believe he is going to offer a few power supplies once mine is done. We're waiting on a plastic cap to cover the old power plug hole, which is coming from China, so hopefully that would work. We're not too keen on drilling into the case to fix a blanking plate like the teddy pardo option.

I'll keep you updated.

I put the pd creative one in my A6 and it’s proving to be beneficial..

Then have him remove those op-amps. If they are socketed its a very easy job. If not, then not so much.
But unused powered op-amps can only inject more noise and offer nothing in return.

Then have him remove those op-amps. If they are socketed its a very easy job. If not, then not so much.
But unused powered op-amps can only inject more noise and offer nothing in return.
If there is no power going to them, and they are on another circuit, how would they inject more noise?
I think keeping them in place would be a good idea if I ever sold the unit...

If there is no power going to them, and they are on another circuit, how would they inject more noise?
I think keeping them in place would be a good idea if I ever sold the unit...
If they are unused AND unpowered, then keep them in place. I thought the Fidelity Audio would retain the internal power for those op-amps, but apparently not!

Looks good. I have a Fidelity Audio power filter/spike suppressor that did great things for stereo imaging.
Have to say the whole power supply and filtering side of things does feel like a slippery slope.
Fortunately my wallet is putting the breaks on any further upgrades for a while. Ha

Have to say the whole power supply and filtering side of things does feel like a slippery slope.
Fortunately my wallet is putting the breaks on any further upgrades for a while. Ha
It certainly is a slippery slope, but very worthwhile. I’ve made a few changes recently to reduce noise on the power and signal and I’ve gained more than a substantial component upgrade for far less outlay.

I'm using industrial spring feet, with some self adhesive rubber foam on top used on furniture feet to protect the underside of the equipment.

I got the idea years ago after seeing townshend speaker platform and reading their marketing material. I just thought it works because it's based in science and the same method is used in industries. I believe isoacoustics also use springs within a case for their products.

It's this product:
Industrial spring
I'm using the 15kg version, to future proof and give flexibility. They are taller than the hifi equivalent but they cost me circa £15 each...so a poor mans isoacoustics product really.

I started with the speakers, which made a big difference, with the bass becoming a lot more rhymic and less bloated, more detailed too generally. But then got carried away with the other equipment... I've noticed a subtle difference under the DAC and Preamp, less so under the amps (not shown).

When I first used them, i build a platform on top of the springs for the speaker stands (dreadnought broadsides) to sit on. Word of warning, as they are springs, the whole thing wobbles back and fore and one day doing DIY, a curtain pole accidentally slid underneath and as I lifted it up, i cantilevered the speakers and they went flying into my plasma tv!

Insurance claim later... I used the money to built the DIY speakers. I built the stands with the springs on top to make them more stable.

advertisement

Back