advertisement

Favourite soaps and body washes including glycerin-free.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

wow.
Have you seen American Psycho?

:D

I_3460003_COf_ProdMedium_258461_1.jpg

This all reminds me of an alleged survey years ago that said both women and men spend ab 20 mins in the bath. Women go through their routines for 18 mins and relax for 2 mins whilst men relax and mess around for 18 mins and wash for 2 mins.

I‘m still bemused that most blokes need about 6 things in the bathroom whilst women keep 50 to 100 there that we don’t or don’t want to understand.

This all reminds me of an alleged survey years ago that said both women and men spend ab 20 mins in the bath. Women go through their routines for 18 mins and relax for 2 mins whilst men relax and mess around for 18 mins and wash for 2 mins. I‘m still bemused that most blokes need about 6 things in the bathroom whilst women keep 50 to 100 there that we don’t or don’t want to understand.

So true! My dad always used Fairy Liquid as shampoo.

I use that caffeine shampoo that used to be advertised by Vicky Butler Henderson, don’t know if it works but my hair is receding very slowly.

Shower Gel, whatever Mrs BB buys for me, she picks by smell.

Moisturiser is more important to me, Mrs BB gave me some of her Liz Earle moisturiser a few years ago, quite expensive but a little goes a long way, much better than any of the men’s ones I’d used previously.

Cheers BB

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Excellent.

We started using shampoo bars in the shower a couple of years ago to cut down on plastic and I just use that for general body washing too.
For handwashing it's dove bars as they don't go mushy.
Try shampooing with Dove bars. You'll realise that the whole idea that you need something special for hair is a commercial hoax. As is the "conditioner" after shamppo. Most shampoos brutally wash the natural oils out of your hair and make it dry. So then you apply "conditioner" to oil it up again. Both, of course, are 10 times more expensive than a gentle soap bar and have "Dior" or "Givenchy" written on them.
Deodorant is another commercial hoax. If you wash you won't stink. Advertising has brainwashed everyone with nightmares of social ostracism, failed careers, broken marriages.

Deodorant is another commercial hoax. If you wash you won't stink. Advertising has brainwashed everyone with nightmares of social ostracism, failed careers, broken marriages.....

Ha ha.... Beauty products are usually advertised in the most transparently laughable way. "You're worth it.." - nice bit of psychology from The Devil, L'Oreal of Paris. "Counteracts the 7 signs of ageing" - so not 6 or 8, has to be exactly 7...? And all the rest of it, including "contains superwonderonic acid (TM) and "kind to your skin"........ At least the advertising standards clamped down on "makes your skin younger" and required it to be "makes your skin look younger" and the like. So "gives the appearance of..." is the usual fix. It's full scale comedy, preying on the inevitable fear or ageing.

Ha ha.... Beauty products are usually advertised in the most transparently laughable way. "You're worth it.." - nice bit of psychology from The Devil, L'Oreal of Paris. "Counteracts the 7 signs of ageing" - so not 6 or 8, has to be exactly 7...? And all the rest of it, including "contains superwonderonic acid (TM) and "kind to your skin"........ At least the advertising standards clamped down on "makes your skin younger" and required it to be "makes your skin look younger" and the like. So "gives the appearance of..." is the usual fix. It's full scale comedy, preying on the inevitable fear or ageing.
Blimey, a cable thread.

advertisement

Back