advertisement

Favourite soaps and body washes including glycerin-free.

I use the French olive oil based soap you can buy on Ebay - it comes in dozens of different 'flavours' (haha) and doesn't seem hard on my skin. I also use a facial scub in the shower every other day.

Thanks for the reminder. I bought 3 different scents of Savon de Marseilles to check them out.

Thanks for the reminder. I bought 3 different scents of Savon de Marseilles to check them out.
Good. Hope you enjoy. I think they are great value and charming. Though... It sometimes takes a while to find your favourites.

I don't know what I'm being given, but I was bought some Faith, body,shower thingy, that I could just, not,wash off. When I go to France I buy cheap supermarket bar soap. When I run out, I use lidl bar soap.
Anyone remember the red soap in schools, (circa 50s/60s)was it carbolic, or something like that. My dad was a school caretaker , so I grew up on that, but don't tell.

Whatever Lynx shower gel is on offer that does not smell like toilet cleaner.

For shampoo, Sainsbury's own brand Coconut flavour, 85p a bottle (was 80p, but has gone up....)

I don't know what I'm being given, but I was bought some Faith, body,shower thingy, that I could just, not,wash off. When I go to France I buy cheap supermarket bar soap. When I run out, I use lidl bar soap.
Anyone remember the red soap in schools, (circa 50s/60s)was it carbolic, or something like that. My dad was a school caretaker , so I grew up on that, but don't tell.
I remember it! It was orange-red and sort of transparent, wasn't it? Didn't it have a strong antiseptic smell? Or maybe that was the disinfectant they put everywhere and those "lumps" hanging in the toilet bowls or in the pissoirs. I remember at school holding my breath as I pissed so as not to vomit from the mixed smell of stale urine and disinfectant.

Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap as it’s the only this that does not make my eczema any worse.

I just realised I have some MWF shaving soap. Smells nice to me. I'll try it out as soap and see how it goes.

I have several shaving soaps I don't use - top makes. I must try a few in the bath. Nice aromas and presumably they lather well.

Anyone tried washing with shaving soaps?

I remember it! It was orange-red and sort of transparent, wasn't it? Didn't it have a strong antiseptic smell? Or maybe that was the disinfectant they put everywhere and those "lumps" hanging in the toilet bowls or in the pissoirs. I remember at school holding my breath as I pissed so as not to vomit from the mixed smell of stale urine and disinfectant.
For the first 5 yrs it smelt bad, and like you said, had an antiseptic taste even, I agree, but during the next 10 yrs it got bearable😆

I use Dove for everything, hair, face, body. I've also used it for shaving, with a brush, and it works OK for that too. "Normal" soaps make my skin feel dry afterwards. Someone explained to me once that technically Dove is not "soap" but "detergent," and is therefore better for the skin. Steve67 will know.
I'm flattered, but I actually don't know. I know what soap is, of course, but Dove's composition I'll have to look up.

We started using shampoo bars in the shower a couple of years ago to cut down on plastic and I just use that for general body washing too.
For handwashing it's dove bars as they don't go mushy.

For many, many years I've used Dove soap and Wash'n'Go shampoo.
Couple of months ago, simply because someone at work was using it in the next shower after a lunchtime run and I liked the smell, I tried a new showergel. I'm a convert. L'oreal Pure Carbon.
£5 per litre (and not tested on animals).

I looked it up, Dove soap bar is soap, it has to be because of labelling rules. It does have oil and or moisturiser added. The "body wash" is an emulsion of detergents and oils etc rather similar to shampoo. It doesn't have any actual soaps as defined in chemistry (Group 1 or Group 2 metal salts of carboxylic acids).
Edit - every day 's a schoolday, the metal doesn't have to be Gp1 or Gp2, it can be aluminium and there are even ammonium soaps. So "salts of carboxylic acids" it is.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

homemade stuff that has been given as gifts usually.
free stuff collected from hotels-holidays.

usually don’t use anything but water on my hair

Pretty much always use Imperial Leather to wash with, then whatever the wife/daughter have for shampoo, usually a decent selection, just counted 7.

advertisement

Back