wire- pink flag

BORIS- pink

Bad Brains- bad brains

John Zorn - Naked City

Always loved the tracks ;

Perfume of a Critic's Burning Flesh

Jazz Snob Eat Shit

Great titles and both under 30 seconds long

... and no mention of Neil Young's "Weld" or "Live Rust" albums, until now ... OK, neither are noisy or distorted all the way through, but a master class when the band rocks out.

One really good album I've always loved that's recorded "well into the red" is Wizzard's first album, "Wizzard Brew". A million miles away from the sound of their singles - it's like the whole band was shoved into Roy Wood's front room. :cool:

"Time Vaults" by Van der Graaf Generator is a great noise.

Although not albums' worth of material, I'd also recommend "Accellerator" by Primal Scream (from "Xtrmntr"). Now that is noisy.

Favourite current lot would be Swedish dope-fiends Graveyard. Great album, astonishing live. They've toured with Clutch quite a bit, too. Both albums on Spotify.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are the league - The Anti-Nowhere League
City baby attacked by rats - GBH
Inflammable material - Stiff little fingers
Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables - Dead Kennedys

All still sounding fresh after all these years.

Re. Groundhogs mentions earlier, I saw Tony McPhee play a folk club near Hull around 3 yrs ago. Good gig, but perhaps they'd confused him with Ralph McTell, as I really don't think they were expecting what they got :D

Andrew

Anything by Bad Religion, for most noise and attitude go for anything from 'Suffer' to date. The compilation album 'All Ages' is a great introduction, and very noisy indeed.

advertisement

Back